+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he want to kiss me?I'm seeing a guy who I think is into me, but it seems like he

Does he want to kiss me?I'm seeing a guy who I think is into me, but it seems like he

I'm seeing a guy who I think is into me, but it seems like he doesn't want to kiss me. I don't want to jump to conclusions or anything, so I thought I'd get an unbiased opinion from the public.

I'm 20, he's 21 and we've been on 2 dates so far, and while driving me home from the second date, he was bringing up things we could do for a third date, like a restaurant we could go to, or going tobogganing at a really huge hill in the area, etc. That's one of the reasons I think he is definitely into me.

However, he doesn't make a lot of physical contact on the date and hasn't kissed me yet. On the first date, we went bowling, and we'd high five and stuff whenever either of us got a good score, and after the date, he gave me a kind of awkward side-hug. On the second date, we held hands while watching the movie, but I had to initiate it. For half the movie, I was hoping he'd try taking my hand, or putting his arm around me, something like that, even when I'd brush his hand with mine or something subtle like that, but he didn't. After a while, I just took his hand, and then he held my hand as well for the rest of the movie. After that date, I thanked him for a lovely evening, told him I had a great time, hugged him and said goodnight.

Do you think he's just shy, or maybe just wants to take things slow? I just can't help but feel like he may not want to kiss me, and my family is telling me to go for it and kiss him after our next date, but I'm worried he might get freaked out, or push me away or something, so what do you guys think? Should I go for it, or should I wait for him to make the move?

Edit: Not sure what happened with the title of this thread O.o It's supposed to just say "Does he want to kiss me?" not sure how to fix that...
    Last edited by GoldenRule; 07-01-14 at 11:34 AM.

He could just be shy or reserved. I think he does like you because normally guys don't really invest time into you like taking you out on several dates and things like that unless they really are feeling you. At least that's been my experience.

Next time, do as your family suggested. When you hug him, just give him a little sugar to see how he reacts. Don't be over the top because if he's taking it slow, he may be thrown off. He seem like he is is enjoying your company and likes getting to know you, so just be assertive next time and go with the flow from there. A lot of guys take it fast, he may not, so take it easy.
    Last edited by Starnique; 07-01-14 at 12:08 PM.

Definitely sounds like he's shy. Give him more signals and see how he reacts.

It's probably a combo of him being shy and taking it slow. But, from what you wrote you dropped a lot of hints and initiated contact...seems to me he may not have a clue, so you may just have to make your move. Some guys just never seem to get the "vibe" women give off.

Guys that age are confused.
    He probably just wants to take things slow and make sure things are "right".
    I don;t think it is unreasonable to wait til the 3rd or 4th date before getting physical. If it goes beyond that then maybe you should make a move. Maybe steal away a few moments to go for a short walk after dinner and then at some point stop him and just kiss.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    Guys that age are confused.
    He probably just wants to take things slow and make sure things are "right".
    I don;t think it is unreasonable to wait til the 3rd or 4th date before getting physical. If it goes beyond that then maybe you should make a move. Maybe steal away a few moments to go for a short walk after dinner and then at some point stop him and just kiss.
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! ^_^
    I don't mind taking things slow either, but I've been getting a lot of feedback saying make a move, and feedback saying not to, like he wouldn't want to kiss me cause it's too soon, so I wanted a more unbiased opinion Thanks for being honest. The and a walk thing is a pretty good idea, except that I live in Canada and it's the middle of winter, in other words it's freaking freezing out, and there are snowbanks taller than me right now XD In the summer, I would definitely go for it though Thanks again for all the feedback, guys!

I always say take it slow. Hold hands by say the 20th date, go infor your first kiss (no tongues) after a year.

Or just pull his pants down and go from there.

Sigh. If a guy pushes for physicality, he's rushing the woman. If he waits a couple dates, he's going too slow. And so many women wonder why guys are no longer approaching them and dating them.

OP, if you want to kiss him, kiss him. If you don't want to take the initiative, then follow his lead.

He's probably thinking you also want to take it slow, and not scare you away by making a move.

You may feel like you are giving subtle hints, but he may not be feeling the vibe from you, therefore is unsure what to do.

Try and be more flirty next time, not overly flirty but just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Sigh. If a guy pushes for physicality, he's rushing the woman. If he waits a couple dates, he's going too slow. And so many women wonder why guys are no longer approaching them and dating them.

OP, if you want to kiss him, kiss him. If you don't want to take the initiative, then follow his lead.
    It's not that he's going too slow for me or anything, I don't mind taking things slow at all actually, I've just had people telling me I should go for it and kiss him, others telling me I shouldn't, I'm not really sure if he's just shy or if it's too soon for that. I really like him and I don't want to mess this up.

Going in for a kiss won't mess things up. MY exex GF did that. We had been on a few dates and were taking it slow. But, I did go in for a kiss after (the 2nd and 3rd date) and at the last second turned because it wasn't time yet (you can kinda tell when you go in if she ready for the kiss). Well on the 4th date I actually got to pick her up from her house (parents house actually) and met her parents. We went out with a group and about an 1 hour or so in she grabbed me and kissed me. i just laughed and said finally, and she said "I didn't want to wait until you walked me to the door at the end of the night."

So, IMHO a guy can rush it and be overly aggressive...but you going in for the kiss thats a good thing, because if you want to kiss him do so.

He doesn't seem to have much dating experience ... and is shy like most guys say.
    Girls can experience it a lot more if they choose, so it's unfair to judge him,
    he is probably learning, and doesn't want to mess it up.

If you like him, maybe initiate better, and wait until he finally gets the clue,
    some guys are slow, and they have to learn the hard way.

Maybe a good way to do it, how about you have one of your guy friends talk to him about it,
    how he should take charge around youh and not be afraid, which looks as though he is.

For me, I initiated the kiss after the 2nd date, as my attraction grew more throughout the day for her.

I decided to finally hold her hand during the hike on Sunday, and she held back on her own, so that was a good start.

Kept appreciating my kind gestures :
    1. roses at the door, 2. opening the door for her to the car and shop,
    3. waiting beside her, 4. go for a bite to eat when she was hungry.

We also shared our Rock Climbing activity together, which was a great experience.

She responded positively to all my signals, so
    it was the right time to kiss her at the door.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 15-01-14 at 07:04 PM.