+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me or am I a fool?

Does she like me or am I a fool?

I met this great girl at church last April. We are both involved in church activities a few days a week so I see her at those times. I have just come out of a bad relationship so I'm being cautious. Yes I know 8 months is a long time to wait to pursue a girl but she's still single as we speak and I've seen too much confusing behaviour. (Some of it bordering on unattractive)

She was initially doing a lot of flirting with another guy while I looked on helplessly. But nothing came of it.

She's since stopped that and confided in me that she missed the attention even though she's not interested in him, they're only friends. Why the hell would a woman say she missed the attention of another guy but doesn't like him romantically? She told me she missed talking to him and I encouraged her to talk to other girls about her bullshit while she was on the phone to me, venting. I listened to the venting anyway because I never say "I gotta go", I let her end the call. In the course of the conversation she says she wants to move away from here and meet someone because "it's not working out for me here." She says she's lonely.

The day after this phone call she's hanging out with the dude she missed the attention of & not making eye contact with me. A few days later she tells me "thanks for talking to me the other night. I know you're busy. You're awesome."

If I hang out with/ talk to another girl she starts blatantly ignoring me.

I saw her in the supermarket one day and was going to have a chat with her but she practically ran away from me, and I later joked "you were on a mission!" And she goes "Oh sorry I just don't like being at the supermarket."

One day I told her I wouldn't see her the next day because I was hanging out with a friend and she wanted to know exactly what I was doing.

She'll do things like sit close enough next to me so our legs are touching, compliment my clothes, engage in prolonged eye contact, come to me for advice, says I "inspire" her, and I'll drive her places.

What the hell is she doing?

Stop being a pussy and ask her out on a date. But I think she's enjoying the attention and she's using you - I though you Christians were meant to be nicer than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Stop being a pussy and ask her out on a date. But I think she's enjoying the attention and she's using you - I though you Christians were meant to be nicer than that?
    Agreed. Just ask her out man. From what you've said, she seems to want to be "close" to you, in more ways than one. Does she smile after long eye contact? Does she stare at you pretty regularly? So far, it sounds like she has a crush on you, but also has a crush on all the attention you're giving her. If she starts that talk, then ignore bullshit, then just don't talk,look,etc. with her for a couple days. Drive her crazy! See if she comes to you. If she does, you are probably in the clear for a date!

When you do ask her out, only then will you know for sure.
    Whether someone shows interest or not doesn't always have much to do with how they actually feel. Only one way to find out - invite her on a date (use the word "date" too so it shows your intentiion of not wanting to be in that stupid "friend zone".)
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Or pray to your god. Last I heard he was all powerful yada yada yada - sure he'll have a good answer for you.

shes starving for attention and being a little passive aggressive. if you like her and want a date or whatever just go for it. dont worry about being shy or embarrassed by asking her...shes the one acting weird.

You have to ask her out, you have absolutely nothing to lose!