+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Worried I'm making excuses for disinterested.

Worried I'm making excuses for disinterested.

This guy acts interested. There's a much longer list of signs but there's so much staring, sulkiness when I'm with other guys, smiley faces in every text.

He's sick at home and I called him. Went to his voicemail but I didn't leave a message. 4 hrs pass and I text him to say what I wanted when I called. Since he's sick I didn't want to keep calling. He replies he was sleeping.

I felt like saying yeah but you're awake now so why didn't you return my call!?

OK, an interested guy would call a girl back, right? Even it was just a missed call and she didn't leave any message.

Or could he be playing it cool? He's a shy, nervous type. But tell me straight: whether you're sick or not, you'd call the girl back if you saw she had called, right?

He might just not be a phone-call kind of guy. How old is he? Many people from younger generations don't talk on the phone that much, they prefer to text, chat, or meet directly in person. What did you text him, was it something you wanted to actually discuss with him, or was it just a "Hey, how are you feeling?" text?

Actually no, I wouldn't call a girl back in that situation. If she called and didn't leave a message then what she had to say either wasn't that important or she wanted to tell me in person by first setting up a time to meet. Either way, it's her thing to figure out, not mine.

It's not his job to read your mind. If you want to talk to him, say so.
    Last edited by HDBadger; 11-01-14 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    Actually no, I wouldn't call a girl back in that situation.
    Even if you like her? I'm under the impression that a guy would take any opportunity to call a girl he likes. Or am I being unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    He might just not be a phone-call kind of guy. How old is he? Many people from younger generations don't talk on the phone that much, they prefer to text, chat, or meet directly in person. What did you text him, was it something you wanted to actually discuss with him, or was it just a "Hey, how are you feeling?" text?

He's early thirties. It was something I had to ask him, not general chit chat.

The guy was sick, so sick his phone was turned off. You are not dating him right? So why would he make you his first priority?

If he was one of those guys that was calling you and texting you all the time you would friend zoned him anyways. So enjoy the chase don't hate it.

If he's in bed sick, and been asleep. He may see your missed call, but calling you back is probably the last thing on his mind - Going back to sleep will probably be the first.

Maybe he wokeup, saw your missed call then saw your text, so decided to just reply to that?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRomantic View Post
    If he's in bed sick, and been asleep. He may see your missed call, but calling you back is probably the last thing on his mind - Going back to sleep will probably be the first.

Maybe he wokeup, saw your missed call then saw your text, so decided to just reply to that?
    Maybe the OPs annoying the living shite out of him and he went back to sleep?

If I am dating or going too someone, i would only call them to arrange plans and maybe just talk for a few minutes and save the actual conversation for in person.
    We need to balance with friends as well.

I only Text if I missed something to say, or I can answer you quickly, but not bother calling them, unless I point is to long to come across.
    Only if your exclusive are you a priority, so are you?
    He can date whoever he likes alongside yourself, ans choose who has the most potential for long term.