+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do when I see my boyfriend in a week?

What should I do when I see my boyfriend in a week?

I've been gone for about four weeks for vacation. In those four weeks we've only seen each other once but it was really great. Other than that we've occasionally texted. We haven't really been communicating as often as I'd like. It's really bothering me to be honest. He doesn't really text me. When I text him, he texts me back but then a little more into the conversation he'll just stop texting me and not reply at all. He texted me only once to say that he misses me but that's it. Everything is great when we are with each other in person but since I've been away I feel like we became distant, not because of me though. I almost feel like he doesn't care anymore. I don't even think he's missed me, I sure do miss him though. Maybe he's lost interest in me, I don't know. He texted me yesterday evening asking me when I was coming back, I told him in a week. He didn't respond at all after that. I'm going to take a giant leap of faith and hope that that text was him kind of insinuating that he wants to see me when I get back home. Assuming that we do see each other when I get back, what should I do? Should I bring this issue up to him? I mean, the first time he gets to see me in a couple weeks, do I really want to ruin it by bringing this up? It's really bothering me though. I feel neglected and unwanted. It hurts, a lot because I really like him and I thought that he felt the same way but now I don't know. I can't very well break up with him just because of this. It'd be a pretty silly reason to break up. "You don't communicate with me enough, you didn't text me enough while I'm gone meaning you don't care about our relationship..." I can't really go off of that. I don't want to break up. I want us to work through this.
    Last edited by valeriegarcia18; 15-01-14 at 02:02 PM.

Stop trying to determine someone's feelings by text! Just call!

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Stop trying to determine someone's feelings by text! Just call!
    I think you're right to some extent but if he really cared about me and the relationship, don't you think he would have tried a little harder to stay in contact with me?

You said he doesn't normally text you much, so I don't see what you're so worried about.

He could say the same thing. If you really cared about the relationship, you would have talked to him more. I do think he's probably not all that interested in you.

Quote Originally Posted by valeriegarcia18 View Post
    I think you're right to some extent but if he really cared about me and the relationship, don't you think he would have tried a little harder to stay in contact with me?
    So you've got an expectation you haven't bothered to communicate to him, and now you're upset at him for not being a mind reader?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    So you've got an expectation you haven't bothered to communicate to him, and now you're upset at him for not being a mind reader?
    So am I just overreacting? Is this how guys are? I haven't really had much relationship experience...

So am I just overreacting? Is this how guys are? I haven't really had much relationship experience...

Quote Originally Posted by valeriegarcia18 View Post
    Yes.....I have yet to meet a man who reads minds. That would be soooo cool to use in dating though

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Yes.....I have yet to meet a man who reads minds. That would be soooo cool to use in dating though
    lol so I shouldn't really worry then?

I didn't say that. You might have a valid concern... but how can you get your expectations met if you don't communicate them?

How will you find out if you just guess?

How old are the two of you? How long have you been together?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    How old are the two of you? How long have you been together?
    I'm 18 and he's 21. We've been together for two months already.

thanks - this explains why you didn't go away with him.

Being away for a month is quite significant if you've only been together for a month....you won't yet have a lot of bonds to tie you together. Your absence at this stage simply may not have left much of a hole in his life and he just kept doing what he was doing before you came along.

But don't give up hope - there's still plenty of time to build a relationship with him when you return. However, if his lack of attention continues when you're back in town, then give up.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

^ Boom...

Expect nothing.