+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what should i do about this girl?

what should i do about this girl?

i dated my girlfriend for 6 months and we broke up,we are still hanging out though we are still great friends(in fact nothing has really changed)

she says she doesnt want a relationship now becasue she wants to focus on herself. She wants to finish college and get a good job and focus on that before she settles down

im confused,i still love her (which she knows) and i wanna be with her,she knows all this,but she says she doesnt want a relationship right now

what do i do??

it tears me up knowing she could be with a guy. but we still hang out and talk the same. she even puts in more effort now than i do

anyone??????

What should you do?

The wise thing would be to stop hanging out with her with a view to moving on. Staying in this no-mans land of loving someone who doesn't love you in return isn't how to look after yourself. Yes, I realise you will miss her - but it will fade in time.

Yes, she will probably be upset about losing your friendship. So tell her that you're sure she understands that if you can't be her boyfriend, then you need to move on and forget her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's clear that you're maintaining this "friendship" in hopes that it will turn back into a romantic relationship and if that happens (that's a big "if" btw) it will only be because you were there as a safety net to pick her up in case whatever she was pursuing (some other guy, the bachelorette life, etc.) after she left you doesn't work out, which is no foundation for any kind of relationship that's worth having and has little to no chance of working out in your favor.

Sorry brah, but you gotta accept that it's over and move on
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

She isn't into you anymore and has plopped you into the friends zone. You are a BF without benefits...she is keeping her options open that why she just wants to be friends. She is totally down for dating someone new soon enough so you need to stop hanging out with her and cut your losses....go no contact so you can heal and move on.

why would she not be into me? what did i do? i nver cheated, never talked down to her, never was mean to her

i dont understand

It doesn't matter. Smackie's right - you're her BF without benefits. Stop being her doormat, get her out of your life, and move on.

she just stopped liking you. nothing you can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by timborland View Post
    she just stopped liking you. nothing you can do about it
    is that true?

Yes. People fall out of love. Look up "Honeymoon Stage or relationships" and you will understand what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by billsself View Post
    why would she not be into me? what did i do? i nver cheated, never talked down to her, never was mean to her

i dont understand
    You say that as if she's obligated to love you because you didn't do those things. Neither love nor lust works anything like that. Are you in love with/horny for every woman that would never cheat on you or be mean to you?
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

You have to talk to him and tell him that you like, also you will wait as long as necessary. So you can be with her again.

*hands the OP scissors* Cut her out of your life.

I have to agree with everyone else. Don't let her string you along. I don't want to give you false hope, but maybe distance will make her see what she's missing.