+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I scare him away? Or maybe he wasnt interested in the first place?

Did I scare him away? Or maybe he wasnt interested in the first place?

Hey!
    I had a first date with a guy I met on the internet. It was really nice, lots of fun, I really liked him. At the end of the date he asked me if I want to meet him again and I said sure. He said maybe next weekend and
    i said we'll talk until then and figure it out. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug. After a few hours I texted him about something funny that happened on our date and he replied, also saying that i I can (not I should) message him when i got home. But I didnt want to sound too desperate, so I didn't messaged him.
    Today I didnt hear from him, so I thought that maybe he didnt like that I didnt message him, so I sent him a message asking him how was his day. I saw him online and that he read the message, but he didnt reply.
    Do you think I scared him away? Why would he say that he want to meet me again and then not even reply? How big of a turn off can it be, when a girl texts first after the date?
    Thank you!

He may took it as that you were not really interested but that is a guess. Some expect more, some don't expect anything, everyone is different. On line dating is tough because he will still have his options open to be dating other people and he assumes you are doing the same thing. So if he isn't responding to your text, don't take it personally and write him off.....just keep looking. It was only one date so don't put so much emphasis on how you rate to them. It's possible he didn't feel a spark and is just ignoring you in hopes you will get the hint that way, like so many women and men do. Just because someone agrees to see you again makes d ick IMO.....people just say what you want to hear as to avoid any awkwardness. Dating isn't always peaches and cream...you have to weed through the BS to find someone decent.

To add there is a lot of competition with online dating, he could be weighing out his options with someone else. Never fear there will be someone out there for you. Even in my day when there was no internet dating, dating still sucked lol.