+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is he just not that into me?

Amy90 Guest
    I am starting to feel like I am not getting constructive criticism anymore but opinions from a bunch of negative nancy's. I appreciate the honest opinions but dont be so pessimistic guys... your negative energies just ruin it for the rest of us happy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy90 View Post
    I am starting to feel like I am not getting constructive criticism anymore but opinions from a bunch of negative nancy's. I appreciate the honest opinions but dont be so pessimistic guys... your negative energies just ruin it for the rest of us happy people.
    Ruin it for you happy people? Hon, if it was all rainbows and unicorns, you wouldn't have written here for advice.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You are in denial. What you have been advised has nothing to do with negativity but it does have everything to do with reality. Something you're not yet ready to accept. That's on you, not us.

If you had anything positive to say about this guy then you'd have no reason to come here and refute the opinions and advise of people that are unbiased and are able to see the forest for the trees.

Your life. Do as you please but don't try to put this back on us by calling us "negative nancy's" just because we refuse to tell you what you want to hear.

Actions speak louder then words ever could. A guy that will go three weeks without seeing you is showing you in actions that he doesn't care if his lack of attention makes you dump him. Either that or he's so confident that you're deserperate enough to put up with that lack of interest that he'll come back for a jump before he leaves and you'll be ready and waiting.

You are hardly a "happy people" If you were, after three weeks of not seeing him you'd laugh at his antics and kiss his ass goodbye without much fan fair. Instead you come here looking for more words you want to hear. You'd also see the positive education you're getting about when a guy actually values you and when he's stringing you along. Instead you call it being "negative"

Be well.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I appreciate the honest opinions but dont be so pessimistic guys... your negative energies just ruin it for the rest of us happy people.
    Pessimistic? How about realistic? Don't label us what we're not just because you don't like the way the facts and answers are presented...

If you think you'd be so happy trying to continue this with him, then please don't waste our time. And for that matter, don't come crying to us when you only get hurt over it.

They haven't been dating long at all. After two months, that barely even qualifies
    as dating. There have been women I haven't seen for a few weeks in the early stages of dating and it had nothing to do with disinterest. At two months, most people aren't
    going to be that committed to anyone or anything. Honestly, I'd probably feel smothered if someone wanted to see me multiple times a week after only two months.

My point is that he has done nothing "wrong," or even inconsiderate. It's been two freaking months. Jesus people. You act like this is a case of a husband ignoring his wife of 30 years.

However. OP, I don't think it's a great idea to get in an LDR with this guy. You barely know each other, and LDRs are difficult even for committed couples.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    They haven't been dating long at all. After two months, that barely even qualifies
    as dating. There have been women I haven't seen for a few weeks in the early stages of dating and it had nothing to do with disinterest. At two months, most people aren't
    going to be that committed to anyone or anything. Honestly, I'd probably feel smothered if someone wanted to see me multiple times a week after only two months.
    HD, that's how you are, and that's fine. We're all different However, there are plenty of men who are dead keen to see a girl if he's into her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

OP just get on a frickin plane then and surprise him.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    OP just get on a frickin plane then and surprise him.
    For whatever reason, that just reminded me of the line, "What are we going to do? Jump out of the wedding cake?" from Working Girl if you ever saw that movie... lol

And I think the OP is gone..

lol......................

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post

My point is that he has done nothing "wrong," or even inconsiderate. It's been two freaking months. Jesus people. You act like this is a case of a husband ignoring his wife of 30 years.

However. OP, I don't think it's a great idea to get in an LDR with this guy. You barely know each other, and LDRs are difficult even for committed couples.
    We tell women to leave men like you everyday or if they're going to stay and wait (with baited breath) for you to call them and grace them with your company that at the very least they don't get bunched up in a knot like this Op chickie is clearly doing.

The bottomline is that he does not value her at this point and she should forget having any kind of relationship (near or far) with him because his actions clearly tell her that she is not valued. Even FB's will see you within a three week period if they like sex with you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12