+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a question i am worried about.

a question i am worried about.

My girlfriend and i are in a long distance relationship. Last night she informed me that she is having a party and inviting at least one person we both know to really fancy her. am i right to be worried and upset since it is also at a time when im pretty sure she knew i couldn't go.

Welcome to long distance. She didn't have to tell you, she could do whatever and you wouldn't be the wiser. LDR's are stupid. They cause all kinds of insecurity, needless disagreements, lack of trust, etc. You can't stop her from having a social life. I'm sure there will be others that find her attractive that will be there too. That is something you or her have no control over, because suitors are all around her, at work, at the store, in her circle of friends....it's just life. She can't possibly keep away from all the guys that want to get with her. You are being ridiculous.

Do you want her to not invite this guy? If he's part of her social group, it would be very rude.

Smackie is right - this is long distance dating: She can't stop her life and social group because you're not there. Please reconsider if this long distance thing really works for you. If you're not getting your needs met, it's perfectly OK to end it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Being a long distance relationship for five years, I learned you have to trust the other person. If you don't have trust you might as well forget it. On the other hand it is very common to worry about someone else stepping in. Yes this is always a possiblity on both parts. It comes down to how comitted are you to having a life together in the future? What are your intentions? Really you have to think about these things, and talk about these things. You also have to be very honest and open about what you want in a relationship? Honesty goes along way and the more you learn about one another the better the foundation is for a long lasting relationship.