+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Std

Std

Generally I always like to be upfront about my past as I don't have anything to hide. However, my past gfs have made it a point to cover up their pasts albeit poorly, and I always seem to sense their hesitations a little too well...

My last gf.. The reason why I grew apart from her was because she gave me an STD. Chlamydia. We were friends for a year before we got together. She said she never felt anything wrong down there before and it was only until I felt symptoms that she went for a test.
    I didn't ask her about her relationship history or anything... But she's told me before she's only had 2 long term bfs. Like 3 years and 3 years.

Something felt remiss and I didn't want to probe, but the lack of an explanation from her made us separate.

People always say you should forget about the past and think about the present... And yet...I feel infected by her past. Literally.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just be glad you caught it early and it didn't cause any long term damage. Learn a lesson from it. In future-discuss sexual history and both get tested together before starting a sexual relationship.

It only takes one time to catch an STD. Why would she lie? Maybe an ex cheated on her or maybe he gave it to her at the beginning.. it is true that sometimes STD's have no symptoms and chlamydia is actually very dangerous to a woman if it goes undetected long term. She could be facing infertility.

I think you should believe her when she says she has only been with 2 people as it is possible her ex gave it to her
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree having an std doesn't mean promiscuous past. Even wearing the right protection isn't always 100%. Here's a tip tho, doesn't matter how well you know a person, you always get tested twice (6 months apart) before that condom comes off. Unfortunately there isn't enough known about the HPV virus. This is also one of those that is undetected. It is linked not only to ovarian cancer but also throat cancer from oral sex.
    Last edited by smackie9; 11-02-14 at 10:09 AM.

This HPV thing is scary. Apparently a huge % of people have some form of it.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You are right it is scary, no one wants cancer. That is why a man should always bag it up, if there is any doubt in his mind that the women he is with is not being entirely honest.