+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do your feelings ever change?

Do your feelings ever change?

Question guys - How often do your feelings change about a girl? More specifically, do you ever find yourself romantically interested in someone who you've known for a while, and you weren't interested in previously? And if so, why? Honest answers really appreciated, as I'm curious about a situation and would like to get a guy's (or a few) take on it.

How about you tell us more about your situation. It's much easier with context
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Nobody willing to answer the question as-is?

Yes, sometimes it's possible to develop feelings for someone that we weren't initially interested in. It's not a gender-based phenomenon.

Thanks Searock. Anything in particular that might cause your feelings to change toward someone?

your feelings can definatly change with some1 you've never thought about before. with my last gf I had never thought about her like that working with her but she turned it on one day and we went out and I had a really good time and I proper fancyied her after that

My feelings about my gf change all the time lol but ya they can change I was friends with my girlfriend for a year but until I really started hanging out with her I never knew I liked her now it's 4 years later and were having a baby feelings can change when you really get to know someone.

Yeah of course they can (and the guy above is right it isn't a gender based thing).
    My two longest relationships (5 years and 2 years) started out as friends. Hard to pinpoint exactly what it is that makes feelings change though...timing? circumstance? subtleties in the other person that you didn't notice at first? It's really hard to say. For ages we were friends then spent more and more time together and then eventually that realisation comes that you miss them when they're not there. One day you realise that they're more than your friend. It's a beautiful thing and as far as I'm concerned makes for a great relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by Amalthea1978 View Post
    Thanks Searock. Anything in particular that might cause your feelings to change toward someone?
    It depends on the persons involved and in the particular situation. There is no precise reason, it just happens.

Feelings change the more you get to know someone and invest your time and effort in them even if you start out as friends. It is growing and developing in your relationship. Friendship is always the best foundation to start with, and really gives you the chance to find out whether you really like her and want to invest more of your time, emotions, and feelings in her.