+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We love each other..why am i alone

We love each other..why am i alone

There is a girl who I love more than anyone in the entire world. We went out about 10 years ago but we broke up simply because we were young and didn't know what we were doing...Now we are older and BEST FRIENDS...I spend hours on the phone with her and know everything about her life..we tell each other we love each other and even have planned the names of our kids and the wedding day...Then we started seeing other people. The day I got a girlfriend I called her to tell her and she started to cry (she was already in the relationship with another boy)..Now me and my girlfriend broke up and I am alone...She still tells me she loves me every day and I want to be more than best friends with her but she had another boyfriend. Everyone around us says we are perfect for each other! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Well if she loves you that much! She'd be with you if you've know each other that long and are Best Friends. Really if she loved you she wouldn't be hanging on to the other guy. I believe you can love someone, but not be in love with them. So sounds like you just have to have this discussion with her about the real deal. Otherwise, knock off the I love you stuff, and be friends, or cut off ties, so you both can go on with your lives. I would say if it's been over ten years, you've hung on to each other long enough! It's not really fair to other people if you both are in love with each other, and leading other people on.

You are wasting your good emotions on some piece of fluff that adores the attention you give her while she screws other guys and has REAL relationships with them. When I read stuff like what you are allowing in your life it makes me wonder what your mother did wrong to raise a guy that would settle for fantasy and bullshit from some far away princess that really doesn't give a shit except for herself and the fear that you will take away all the attention you give her.

Stop wasting your life and slowly do the fade on Repunzle. She's never going to let down her hair and be a true, real live girlfriend to you. You are wasting valuable dating years and by continuing on with her which keeps your heart closed off to real girls that want you and you are not allowing yourself to be fully vulnerable to anyone new because she stops you.

Just how well would any real woman you meet in real life take you being with her while you play at online love and pine away with some chick who really doesn't want you?

Sad, sad and sick.

Start weaning yourself off of her by slowly fading out of her picture until you get to the stage of zero contact and indifference to her and her BS.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 17-02-14 at 10:43 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Or you can tell her to dump her BF and get serious with each other.

Right girl wrong time. You can stay where you are and wait for her.. But if someone else comes along. Don't deny yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You're alone because you haven't stopped this nonsense.

It's time for you to give her an ultimatum: You or him. And make sure she knows that if she chooses him, that you will need to end the friendship in order to give your heart time to heal and to move on. Not to mention that it would be entirely inappropriate for you to date others with all this behind-the-scenes talk going on with this girl in the background.

Yes, she will get upset. But enough is enough.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thank you all so much...I think I know what I should do.