+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does he think of me?

What does he think of me?

I met this guy last summer at a friend’s wedding reception. We were sitting next to each other and chatted all night. However we did not exchange contacts after. About 3 months later my friend somehow mentioned his name during a conversation. I decided to ask her for his contact info as I thought it would be interesting to reconnect. I emailed him with a simple message “hey how are you doing?” to start off and he responded back enthusiastically. We set up a time for dinner shortly afterwards, followed by drinks and had a great time. He paid for both (I did insist to pay as well). Then we went out for 2nd, 3rd and 4th time in 2 months (I was busy at work and we both had trips out of country for almost a month). I paid for us once and he paid the rest. We kept emailing each other the whole time.
    I think things are progressing slowly but I am fine with the pace. I’m not the type that rush into relationship easily. It is been 2 weeks now since we‘ve gone out last time. We still email each other every other day but I realize he does not ask me out. I would give hints for example “what’s your plan for the weekend” and his answer is always the same that he has family gatherings. He would mention things about work and family in his email (not just the simple “how are you doing”). Still it bothers me that he is not asking me out again.
    My feeling is that I may not be his type but he wants to keep me around for company. Or he just thinks of me as a friend and no more. I decide I will still keep in touch with him via email but not to initiate another date. At the same time I will hang out with other friends and live my life as usual. If he asks me out again then I will go but I don’t want to give myself false hope by keep asking him out.
    Guys, what do you think of my case?

From my perspective it could be that he's either busy like he says, or he's just avoiding the moment of dating you again. Really it depends on what he tells you, and how he acts with you. If he wants to see you, he will contact you, and go after you. Most men if they really want to be with you, will find away to be with you. If they're not showing alot of interest it usually means they're going the other way.

Dear we can't tell you what he is thinking or feeling. No you just have to ask him yourself. Communicate to him that you miss him and would like to see him again....you need to express interest more boldly. Have you had any physical contact yet?

Oh and btw insisting to pay all the time can be taken as a bad signal that says to him "I'm not really serious about us dating."

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Dear we can't tell you what he is thinking or feeling. No you just have to ask him yourself. Communicate to him that you miss him and would like to see him again....you need to express interest more boldly. Have you had any physical contact yet?

Oh and btw insisting to pay all the time can be taken as a bad signal that says to him "I'm not really serious about us dating."
    No physical contact yet. But he acted like a gentleman every time we went out - give me a ride everytime, open car doors for me etc.

I have to say I'm attracted to him and may give it one more try by sending him a note like "Haven't met up for a while, what's your plan for the weekend?". If nothing comes along, then I think I have the answer.

Well getting hopping than! Call him once!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Definitely this. Anyway, if a guy is interested he would want to see you all the time. Surely he'll make some time for you. Next time you talk to him just tell him you would like to see him again or what is he doing later or whatever. If ya'll do go out then try not to be so "friendly only cool kinda chic", try to be more personal to show him you like him more. If he is still claiming to be busy then just move on because he may not be that interested. Try it one more time and if no avail, then let it go.

Direct approach dear. You are over thinking this, which means you are probably a very nice and thoughtful person, but with men you have to be clear in your intentions and just like a stage actor exaggerate your motions. If he doesn't bite then move on. You seem to have a healthy view of it, engage him in a dialogue, if he doesn't bite then move on.

you need to do your best so you will attract him again