+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help on Internet romance

Help on Internet romance

Hello, I need some advice about my relationship with a woman I met on the internet.
    We know each other since about 7 and a half months now, we haven't met each other yet though, and don't consider us a couple yet either.
    At the end of this April I intend to visit her though.
    The problem is, she gets angry at me a lot.
    She often says I don't do anything for her, I don't make any efforts for her.
    In our arguments she often tells me "Don't come to visit me anymore." "I don't like you.", etc...
    Then, some hours later, she tells me she is sorry, and that she never meant the things she said for real.
    She just said the opposite of what she really meant.
    She reads a lot of blogs, and tends to compare me and herself to the people in the blog.
    In the blog she tends to bring up, a man moves, and prepares a lot of stuff, so his girlfriend can come to live with him since she is intending to come to his country.
    I'd do things like that for her too, but the thing is, the situation of these people is just too abstract, in comparision to ours.
    I'm a student, and will attend university soon, she is already working.
    She won't intent to live with me until I've studied and got a job, so I don't know how to relate to what she wants me to do.
    She says "I should do things for her out of my own accord, not because I feel forced to do so".
    But I have no idea what exactly I can do for her, since we can only communicate via the internet, after all.
    I am helping her with her english a lot, since she is not that good at it.
    When she has questions or so, I explain it to her, and look up things in the internet, so she can also check it with a probably better explanation than mine.
    I am also doing my driving license as of recently, even though I hate to drive and am scared of it, but she said it's good to be able to drive, and I also want to fetch her with a car, once she comes to visit me.
    Around christmas time, I also asked her if she'd like it if I showed her anything.
    She said she'd like to see the christmas scene, so I went out took pictures in my city, rode with my bike an around 45 minutes to the next city and took pictures.
    It was night, and also incredibly cold.
    But at our last argument she said "I don't need such things, and also, it didn't take you any money, did it?".
    Not to mention, since I told her I like her, my day pretty much consists out of going to school, coming home and talking with her, and after that I study.
    I don't do anything else anymore.
    Even so, we often get into really big arguments, and it seems she does not appreciate what I do at all.
    So I want to know if anyone can give me ideas, what a woman would appreciate, and what I can do for her.
    I really, really like her, but she wants me to do more than just say that.
    Last edited by Satol; 14-03-14 at 03:15 PM.

Why do you like someone who is so mean to you? Serious question.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Why do you like someone who is so mean to you? Serious question.
    When we do not have an argument, she's a really, really sweet woman.
    She is really low on self-esteem, so I can usually tell, that she's really stressed or exhausted, when she argues with me.
    Her self-esteem is actually so low, that she doesn't believe me when I tell her I like her, or when I tell her I think she looks good.
    I have hope that this will change once I have met her though.
    Whenever I tell her that I'm sick or so, or have have any problem, she also always immediately searches a lot about it and tries to help me.
    Last edited by Satol; 14-03-14 at 03:35 PM.