+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you had an ex who tried to hurt/kill themselves would you..

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    distance yourself from them, or make more of an effort to talk, spend time with them, whether that be irl or online if is was a ldr?
    i don't get why a person would distance themselves from someone they once loved, if they need friends even more, to show they care, unless the person feels guilty?
    what do you all think?

distance yourself or get closer?
    I'd definitely be a friend and help them, just because someone is an ex doesn't mean you stop loving them or beinga friend, in some cases people do but in most they don't. I would want that off an ex as well, but if he did hurt or try I would be there if I did he wouldn't, because he wouldn't want it to seem to others he was the cause, so he'd avoid it at all costs. I never had an ex try to kill themselves but have helped friends who wanted to hurt themselves. I feel like I could do it myself just being depressed, I wouldn't say my ex would be the reason why I would kill myself but it would be one of the factors that was depressing me but not the reason for doing it. Hard to explain. But like I said he wouldn't help me regardless it just isn't in his dna to care that much about others, ex or otherwise.

thanks all for answering don't have time to reply to each today will try this weekend. but i had a ldr ex threaten to hurt herself and i spent a month or about calling IMing texting with her, got one of her brothers and friend involved too since they are there and i wasn't.

it was stressful and she wasn't doing it over me - she was about her bf after me but he ****ed off so she took it to her most recent ex next to him which was me. lucky me tryign to help overseas. and we only met 3 times in the year we quasi dated because ldr's weren't for me, most was phone and skype. i think she wanted to feel cared about and was never actually going to kill herself. i stopped all contact after she stopped with the suicide talk. she never once acknowledged the help i gave during that time or what stress it took on my life tryign to help someone overseas cope with that that was why i dropped her as a friend when she got passed it, very one sided.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Yeah sometimes it might be draining trying to help someone who come from dark place but when you start to see improvment its worth it. I once helped one girl on forum who was cutting herself. Now shes in relationship and emotionaly stable. It was worth it. Makes me feel proud.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If my ex threatened suicide, I would be tempted to tell the to go ahead and do it, as I would see it as an attempt at manipulation. Minimally, I would cut contact.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'd do what I could for them, but I wouldn't let it consume my own life they are an ex after all and they should have others as well to talk to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12