+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this guy like me?

Does this guy like me?

Hi guys,

I really want a male perspective on this, as it is a daily moving situation and I really like this guy and I just don't know enough about men to make a judgment call.

Basically, me and this guy have been working on a team for 3 weeks. Our job ends any day now. We are always stealing glances at each other, but I don't know if he only looks over because he knows I am looking over at him, ie of course you would look at someone back if you thought, is he looking at me? He is very friendly with all the men and women on our team. I am also very friendly with all the people on my team.

Because I like him so much, I am chronically shy with him, I never go and chat to him, although I have once or twice. He is a very happy person, we are both 30.

Obviously, we look over at each other, but sometimes he ignores me when I spend time chatting to other guys on our team.

Because our job is ending soon, I really want to keep in contact with him and maybe develop something more if he wants to as well. How do I even know he likes me? is there any signs a guy shows to show he likes someone?

Because I am so awkward with him, when my natural personality is so easy-going with everyone else, do you think he even knows I like him? Also, I really want to know how to break the ice and somehow try and let him get to know me better. Also, do I wait until the project ends and then give him my contact details, or do I give them to him now with some days to spare ...

I wish I could find a way to change the impasse as otherwise he will just disappear out of my life ... I feel like I am immobilised from doing anything about this guy ...

What do you want us to say? You already know what your options are:

1) Quit being a pussy;

2) Never see him again.

Choose wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    What do you want us to say? You already know what your options are:

1) Quit being a pussy;

2) Never see him again.

Choose wisely.
    Which is pretty much the same as what I told you the last time you asked the question. Doing more posts isn't going to change the situation or the advice.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

lol thanks, yep sorry, realised I repeated my question. Thanks for your honest and totally right answer! lol

It was nuanced differently though ... for instance, I wasn't sure I was being paranoid thinking he likes me - what if he isn't attracted to me - I don't want to look an idiot asking him, that's why I asked what are the signs a guy likes you. Also, surely, (regardless of gender) if you liked someone, after 3 weeks, you'd do something about it? This guy is popular I think outside work, as even with another (male) work colleague he expected that guy to chase contact details. I have no problem chasing contact details off males or females, but that is when I am just looking for friendship.

Also, do I wait until the end of the project to get his details or now, a few days before the end ...

yes, one would think that if you liked someone, you'd do something about it after three weeks. But you haven't done anything
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ask the group if they want to join you for a drink afterwards, some place just down the street. Maybe he will jump at the chance to go. Then you can have a few in ya to take away the shyness and give him your number.

Yeah, as said above, might be worth asking him for drinks after work. Drinks are better than coffee. When you're out, you should be able to pick up on obvious "liking" characteristics.

You'll definitely know if you ask him out for drinks. Guys will 100% assume that most women who invite them out like them. So, I'd make it related to something (advice you need). And gage how he looks at you, how he treats you, etc.