+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i never know when to stop texting

i never know when to stop texting

when me and my girlfriend are texting i never know when to stop. i away sthink if i stop and dont reply to a text that is just a "ok" or "sounds like a plan" she will think im tired of her or am bored of her

how can i stop thinking that?

Smoke some weed.

Honestly, that is sort of up to the two people texting. I definitely know what you mean, though. I am the same way. If there is no clear indication to say the conversation is over, I will tend to text back. For my part, if I actually have to leave/end the conversation, I will tend to say "I have to go to bed, I'll talk to you later," or "Heading out for the day. I'll catch up with you later," or something to that effect.

However, I've had friends who do the same, or friends who will just "disappear" so to speak, and we either pick up the conversation later, or just text again later like it is a new conversation. I don't mind either method because, to me, texting is more of a casual thing. It's more the type of thing where you send somebody a text and don't necessarily expect an immediate response, or a long, continued conversation. If you do have a long back and forth conversation, then great. But, personally I don't necessarily expect it. So, it doesn't bother me either way.

Some people like to text a lot, some don't. I even have friends who will text with me a while, stop for hours (or sometimes even until the next day), then suddenly pick up the conversation right where we left off. I actually get a kick out of that, because I find it funny to suddenly pick up a conversation hours later. LOL! Anyway, long story short (too late, I know) there really is no set in stone texting rules. It is just what works for the two parties doing the texting.

Set a time limit on your text talks, if you talk in the evening do it for so long so then when time comes up to go you say night and she says it back. Unless you text all day and all night and then I'd say pick up the phone and talk only texting that isn't much of a relationship if you only text each other. Fact you don't know if she'll be hurt if you stop textign means you don't have good communication with each other, talk on the phone more.

To close the conversation, just send a text saying, "I get back with you later, my other girlfriend is here".
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Or you could just talk to her about it. She probably gets bored of sending texts just for the sake of it too

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about it. If she complains then address the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    To close the conversation, just send a text saying, "I get back with you later, my other girlfriend is here".
    Or even better, "I'll get back with you later... my boyfriend is here." ;-)

Maybe its time to stop texting if your running out of things to talk about. A good night phone call may be better
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Don't fall into that trap of pleasing her every single time. Act casual and nice. If she has a problem with it she'll let you know....TRUST ME. lol