+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was this a date?

Was this a date?

This girl and I had a thing a few months back (we are seniors in high school). We got pretty close, and she told me she liked me too but she was not looking for anything serious at the time and our "relationship" died out but our friendship did not; which has been kinda hard for me because I still really like her. Anyway, back when we were a lot closer, we had planned a few dates. The first was to go see a movie she really wanted to see, the next was to smoke weed together (don't judge us, I really could care less what you think about that one), and the last one was that she really enjoys the wilderness and so do I, so I told her I would take her off roading in my truck. Well after our "thing" died out, those plans never followed through and I even tried once to go see the movie but she backed out right before I was about to pick her up. That was about two months but we have stayed good friends this whole time. But last week we were talking about smoking and I kinda jokingly kinda seriously said,"you know, we still never smoked together". And she was all of the sudden into again and said she would plan it and then I said,"we should try and do all things we planned to do" and she was all for it this time.

So last night she posted on twitter "Someone should kidnap me and take me on an adventure". So I texted her and asked if she wanted to go off roading at night, she said yes and I picked her up. I drove to her house and talked to her and her parents for a little (who, especially her mom, love me by the way and I know this girl talks about me a lot with her parents because they seem to know a lot about me even though we have only met twice).We drove around the pitch black woods for around 2 hours just talking about random stuff and eventually we were forced to turn around because of a locked gate. I drove her home and instead of just dropping her off and leaving, we sat in front of her house for another two hours just talking. We did not do anything more and eventually we both just agreed it had gotten late. I walked her to her door, we exchanged a long ,and I mean LONG, hug, and I went home.

Was this a date or just two friends hanging out?

Not being sure if it was a date or not, I texted her this morning joking about how my dad got pissed for going last night even though she thought he would not care and she read the message but did not respond. I do not know if she is ignoring me or what but its bugging me. She normally will respond but whenever she does not i just forget and never bring it up or call her out on it.

Two friends hanging out. She didn't respond to let you know that's all it was. She knows you were fishing for some indication if it was or not. I think you have your answer already.

- - - Updated - - -

Tip: if she was really digging ya, she would have made out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Two friends hanging out. She didn't respond to let you know that's all it was. She knows you were fishing for some indication if it was or not. I think you have your answer already.

- - - Updated - - -

Tip: if she was really digging ya, she would have made out with you.
    This ^^. As a guy, I tend to forget how much of the power women really have. lol.