+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me and my GF broke up but I realize it was a huge mistake...

Me and my GF broke up but I realize it was a huge mistake...

So me and my gf have been dating for almost three years. We have had our ups and downs like any couple but we have been planning on getting married and having kids and what not. We are both in nursing school and she gets really stressed out and as a result has a short fuse with me sometimes. It was getting really bad and I thought that I didn't want that the rest of my life. I went to Florida on vacation and while there she got mad at me because I wasn't talking to her that much (this was the day after i got there) even though I told her that I wouldn't because I was with my older brother. So I got fed up and said that I was done. She cried and I cried but stood my ground.

She emailed me the next day with a long letter promising to change and telling me that she knew I am the man she is going to marry and she will do anything to keep me. I told her I would give her a chance but that we should still not talk for the week just to calm down. I got offered a job in Florida and was contemplating taking it. She got mad at me like two days after the letter and told didn't talk to me for a whole day because she didn't like the way I answered a question. I told her the next day that i didn't think she would really change and that I was taking the Florida job and moving. She of course balled her eyes out and asked me if she could pick me up from the airport and talk face to face. I said yes and we did have a serious conversation about everything. I told her that I would stay for her.

The next morning she got mad at me for saying something about sharing an apartment with one of my friends (I live alone now) and i just ignored it. When she got home she called me and said she was sorry about getting mad but I was sick of it. I told her that I was gonna go ahead and move. She cried and begged me to stay saying she loved me so much and I was the only man she could love. She asked me if I even wanted her and I was thinking yes of course I do because I love her but I was irritated so I said no. She hung up and we didn't talk. changing our status on FB and telling friends and family and stuff.

Immediately I knew that I made a huge mistake. I was making an emotional irrational decision to move away from her. This is the girl I want to spend my life with and I had just got fed up and lost patience. I never really gave her the chance she asked for. The day after we broke up I begged her to take me back. I told her that I wasn't thinking right and that I love her and need and want her so badly. She wouldn't text me or call me back and wouldn't see me. She later told me she couldn't take me back because she couldn't trust me to not just break it off again because I had told her I would give her a chance. She said that it wouldn't work and I need to move on. I am devastated. This is day three since the break up and I still need her and want her. I know she is the one and I messed up. She won't talk to me and blocked me on FB. What should I do?

You didn't mess up. What you were experiencing were not 'ups and downs like any couple' - she sounds like a total pain in the ass with getting so cranky so easily. And you were right to think that she's unlikely to change....heck, she couldn't even stay changed for more than a day. Granted, your communication was a bit poor at times, but I suspect that she didn't bring out the best in you.

Let her go.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You both need some time and space to think. Think about the reasons you want her back and make sure this relationship is actually worth it before getting back together.

If its always full of drama then your better off moving on
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I'd say before you guys even attempt to get back together, you should both learn to manage your stress a little better. Also, if she's blowing you off now I'd give her some space. If you keep trying to contact her all the time it's probably going to drive her further away.