+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get a girl that is nervous to be in a relationship with me?

How do I get a girl that is nervous to be in a relationship with me?

I told this girl back in December how I felt about her. She said she really did like me too but was not looking for anything serious at the time for a couple of reasons. She ended the conversation though by saying "I hope you understand I am not crossing out the future between us". It has been over four months since that day and we have remained close ever since. We always have a great time whenever we hang out whether its with others or just us. We have a lot in common. We can talk to each other about ANYTHING. Her parents, especially her mom, LOVE me and I know she talks about me a lot because the first time I met her parents, they knew A LOT about me even though we had never met before. And she even nicknamed me "her teddy bear". The signs are there. I know she likes me and even a couple of her friends have told me. But she does not want to go to prom with me because she just wants to go with a casual friend. She thinks if we went, things would get weird between us and was nervous about me making a move on her and/or if I wanted to go as more than friends. I figured if I was just a friend, she wouldn't have any problems going with me right? She even backed out of formal with me back in December because she "knew she was not looking for a relationship" at the time and did not want to "create mixed feelings between us" (both her words).

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it seems like she does not want to be in a relationship because she doesn't want to ruin the friendship. I care about her and she cares about me but it's like she does not want to risk losing it by taking it to the next level. Is there a way completely win her heart or is it something that will just take time if it is ever going to happen?

You are her "teddy bear". That's code for "friendzone"

I think she doesn't want to go to the prom with you because she knows it could lead you on. And you can't go as 'just a friend' because you ceased being that when you confessed your feelings to her.

But that's just from where I'm sitting. Perhaps your friends are seeing things which I'm not.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.