+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it wrong for your girlfriend

Is it wrong for your girlfriend

Is it wrong for your girlfriend to be talking to other men online. Do you think its acceptable, should she be doing so or is it not a good thing for a relationship to be talking to members of the opposite sex particular if her bf doesnt know shes talking to these men

Is it wrong for your girlfriend

She can talk to who ever she wants to as long as she isn't cheating it's as simple as that

Well nobodys perfect. At least shes not sending her vagina pics to her schoolmates or sharing videos where shes masturbating with work colleaguge. As long as she dont have anything to hide it should be okay.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

She may just have a lot of male friends. I do, my boyfriend also has a lot of female friends. Neither of us are cheating, we just get along better with the opposite gender. And if you try to stop your girlfriend from having friends just because they are the opposite gender and you're insecure, you're going to have a bad time.

It really sort of depends. As long as she is clear to them about the fact that she is in a relationship, and they respect that, I don't see why it should be a problem. As long as they talk only as friends and nothing more. Also, as it doesn't take away from your relationship. In other words, if she spends all day every day talking to guys online instead of you, that is a problem. But, despite what some people seem to think, men and women cna be just friends.

Though, if it bothers you, then I would talk to her about it. Don't be accusatory, or demand she stop. Just talk open and honestly about how it makes you feel. She may be willing to stop, or at least do it less. Or, she may even just re-assure you that you have nothing to worry about and that these guys are just her friends. It wouldn't really be right to tell her not to have friends, male or female. Though, if it comes right down to it and you don't think you can handle it, then that is your decision. If it makes you uncomfortable, that isn't wrong. You can't help how you feel. But, if they are friends that are important to her, you may either have to learn to live with it, or decide if it is a deal breaker for you. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by suddenlynothing View Post
    She can talk to who ever she wants to as long as she isn't cheating it's as simple as that
    If only it were that simple.

Talking to members of the opposite sex as a habit, flirting with them, telling them problems about your relationship, becoming emotionally involved by spending more and more time "chatting" and becoming more emotionally entangled is NOT okay. Its not okay to be doing such things behind your partners back. It's called an emotional affair.

Emotional affairs is cheating. It's as simple as that.

To add:
    And if you try to stop your girlfriend from having friends just because they are the opposite gender and you're insecure, you're going to have a bad time.
    If he or she is just finding random men or women to spend time online with then there will be trouble in that relationship. Guaranteed.
    Chatting with already established friends (that both partners have met and know if ) is another matter.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 04-04-14 at 07:44 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

all depends on the context. I mean, there's men on this thing. I don't speak with them directly but I read their threads and reply sometimes.
    We cannot chose who we get along with; gender has no bearing on quality of character.

Yet, if she's going to online dating sites, well, little red flag there. But allow me please to also say this; women don't generally seek outside attentions if their feeling secure in their relationship. Often and sadly, both sexes seek attentions when their feeling neglected or taken fore granted in any way. It is human and natural to wish to be desirable, it is human to n e e d to feel desirable as a person.

So, again, depends on the context and what kind of sites she be going to.
    If this makes you uncomfy, you owe to both of you to bring it up. Say nothing and she'll assume you just don't care but approach it gingerly and without suspicion when you do speak with her about it.
    good luck

Trust your partner and give her the freedom to do what she want. It creates for a healthy relationship.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions