+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is going on here?!?!!!??

What is going on here?!?!!!??

So today I decided to run a hot bath for my girlfriend when I finally convinced her to get in I gave her a massage hoping it would help with her depression you know like lighten things up a bit. So after this I brought her up some food which she still won't eat she turned and looked at me and asked why I don't love her anymore then started balling her eyes out I don't get it what the hell is going on is she crazy or something?

Quote Originally Posted by confusedguy1012 View Post
    So today I decided to run a hot bath for my girlfriend when I finally convinced her to get in I gave her a massage hoping it would help with her depression you know like lighten things up a bit. So after this I brought her up some food which she still won't eat she turned and looked at me and asked why I don't love her anymore then started balling her eyes out I don't get it what the hell is going on is she crazy or something?
    Shes a woman....give her a break

Its just insane I mean I know she's depressed and will barely leave the bedroom but come on that's just crazy talk

Emotionally disturbed people act emotionally disturbed, what else is new?

Welcome to real life brah.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old is she? Hormones are a bitch for some women from 18 - 25... there's a book, do yourself a favour and read it.

The Female Brain
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Female-Brain-Louann-Brizendine/dp/0767920104
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Were both in our 20s

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea, hormones. Go get the book. Or look it up on wiki, that will give an overview.

That said, remember that, ultimately she has to take control of her own issues. All part of growing up.

Is she sane at least part of the month? It could be wicked PMS. I've known some women with that; it can be pretty ugly. In which case, speak to a medico.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She lost a baby recently she is usually sane just not right now I still just don't get where out of all of the things I did for her how she could think I don't love her

Sounds like she wants a reason to break up.

A reason to break up? What makes you think that?

No man... she LOST A BABY recently. She's really in pain, a lot of it. Try and get her some help.

A reason to break up? What makes you think that?
    Ah! You're the guy that impregnated the woman who cheated on you and has the father who was imprisoned for murder or something, right?

Was the baby she lost also yours?

She lost a baby recently she is usually sane just not right now I still just don't get where out of all of the things I did for her how she could think I don't love her
    She's in emotional pain right now. Perhaps you'd show her that you still love her if you gently insisted that she see her doctor to address her depression over the loss? I don't think this is about you so stop making it so and realize that losing a baby isn't something that one comes to terms with overnight.

Maybe this site will help you (and subsequently her) so do read it. There are several others if you google "Support for those who have just had a miscarriage"

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/health-lifestyle/miscarriage-what-to-say-support#.Uz7KOCBzbmQ (cut and paste into your browser)

Don't rule out a visit to the doctor if she's not improving at all as time goes on.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Though it is thoughtful of you to do things for her and i'm sure she appreciates it, if this young lady recently lost a baby, her body is experiencing stuff out of her control and patience and compassion are what's needed here. and yes, get that book suggested.

Doing the odd nice gesture is great n all, but one can't expect that just because you made dinner or drew a bath, gave a rub that 'majically' is gonna cure everything.

Losing a baby is something that any woman will carry with her for her entire life. The pain may lesson a little or be avoided in time but it will always be there.
    Stay supportive. Often when we are hurt, we say things we truly do not mean, just to see how 'you' react. I'm not saying it's rational.
    Just be compassionate for what your sweetheart is going through and keep up the bubble baths; that's very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    She's in emotional pain right now. Perhaps you'd show her that you still love her if you gently insisted that she see her doctor to address her depression over the loss? I don't think this is about you so stop making it so and realize that losing a baby isn't something that one comes to terms with overnight.

Maybe this site will help you (and subsequently her) so do read it. There are several others if you google "Support for those who have just had a miscarriage"

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/health-lifestyle/miscarriage-what-to-say-support#.Uz7KOCBzbmQ (cut and paste into your browser)

Don't rule out a visit to the doctor if she's not improving at all as time goes on.
    Wakeup of only it were that simple I have been trying to get her to see somebody I even went to her doc for her but nothing works she just hates life I get it's hard but I am trying to make her want to live I know I shouldn't be making this about me but the hardest part of this relationship so far is now when the only things she says anymore is how she doesn't want to live or I don't love her or the rest if the time it's just crying. I just want to help get but I've run out of ideas I've been taking care of her and tryin to make her feel better I know it won't happen over night but she's only getting worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast