+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not understanding her

Not understanding her

Hi,

My name is TheGentleOne. I'm 18, and I tend to consider myself confident and quite good-looking. I'm the kind of guy who likes to hang out with the easy going girls. Not anymore. 6 months ago I decided I should settle down with a girl that would love me and would care for me.

About one and a half months ago I met a girl. She's younger than me, and she's in high-school with me. She's 15. She never had a boyfriend, and she's considered to be a very cute girl. Everybody says she's shy and quiet with everyone but her friends. She has 3 or 4 close friends, I guess.

I've started chatting with her on facebook. I say facebook, because in the last time it helped me create a sort of support with various girls, which gave me something to talk about face to face. As soon as I started chatting, I found out that she responds very hard, and doesn't use emoticons. In our age, emoticons are a must. After a couple of weeks, in which we had just small talk and short conversations, I decided I should pay her a visit. Well, more than one visit . These visits were made out of hi's and how are you, how do you feel, and let me kiss on the cheek for good-bye. I told her to make some photos together and we did. Then she asked me through her friend to do more pictures, but the weather wasn't so good for this, and by so we didn't take any other photos.
    And today, I said: I can't bear it anymore. I have to do something. She seems cold, but when it's face to face she's just too cute. I went her today, luckily, she was alone. We said hi, kissed on the cheeks, and made a little fun of her, not for real, just so I can than hold her in my arms and tell her that she's actually cute to me. We had then some small talk again (asked her the usual: how she feels, what she's up to,etc).I asked her if she is shy, and she admitted quite hard that she's a little. When I had to leave, I hugged her again, and kissed her on the cheeks. Now, she seemed she liked it. To me she appeared to be very shy, and afraid of something, just as always. I mean, she was smiling at me, and then she was leaving her head down, and then back again with her smile. When I told her she's cute, she leaved her head again down, and smiled. When I had to hug her, she just stayed submissively. Didn't put her hands on me, she was stoned. I can almost tell she blushed at me. She had a kitkat, and I swear, she stayed with it in her hands all the time. All 5 minutes. It was already unpacked, and she didn't even eat something.

Everyone in her class tells that she's a very good girl, she's the kind of keeper. Isn't bitchy, isn't loud, but calm and reserved. The only exception is when she's with her 4 friends. That's when she laughs a lot and is outgoing.
    I plan on asking her tomorrow to go with me in the school yard, when it's the lunch. To stay alone with her. Maybe ask her to go at a cafe, or at cinema in the weekend.

The idea is that, I need advice, of what I should do with her. How should I proceed. I truly sense she is the girl I would spend lots of time, and I'm starting to appreciate her. I want to care for her, and love her. I feel she's perfect for me, unlike all the girls I met till now. I hope it's reciprocal. I know it sound like a cliche, but it's different this time. So everything resumes to the old question: Does she like me or not? Is she interested in me or not?

Thank you,
    TheGentleOne

If she keeps accepting your dates, she likes you. As for her shyness, this is going to take sometime, something that you are not used to obviously. If you want to date this kind of girl, you have to have a lot of patience, and respect any boundaries she may have about being physically close to her.

She's 15 years old and you're probably the first boy that has shown her this kind of attention. Keep that in mind and don't push her into anything. As smackie says, patience is important when you're pursuing an innocent (as it would appear) young teen.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hello Gentle One. She's 15. How old are you?

If you are of a similar age, you are too young to be thinking of settling down.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I dated a 19 year old when I was 15...lets just say I refused his marriage proposal.