+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I pretended to be someone else...need an advice?!!

I pretended to be someone else...need an advice?!!

I'm here to share you this long story, but I don't want to bore you with details.
    So here's a bit about myself, years ago I used to be overweight and everybody was making fun of me so since then I was very self conscious, anyways with time I decided that this should end so with lots of effort I lost loads of weight for which I am happy. There was a period of time when I was depressed with school and because nothing interesting was happening in my life, one night I got bored and met with a stranger online so we begun to talk on the messanger but of course because I was just as insecure by the time I showed him a pic of a gorgeous model from my country which kinda looks like me, but unfortunately he believed it... Near week or two of constantly talking I realized that he is amazing and that we definitely click with each other so I decided to tell him the truth, but I thought if I do now he will hate me and probably block me, so I didn't , the next week I tried again but as soon as I realized, he told me that he likes me a lot and it seemed like he adored how I displayed being her. I knew it was wrong for lying him about my appearance I felt really bad about it, I have been crying many nights because of it.
    I attempted to tell him but I didn't know how, he seemed like he enjoyed talking to me everyday. One night he told me that he loves me and I said it back. Now since that day, the fact that he loves me prevent me from everything I was struggling to tell, felt like it's too late and I didn't want to lose him for nothing in the world. We continued talking and talking 4 months passed, he lost hope because we are miles apart, I didn't wanted to upset him so to cheer him up I gave him false hopes that we will meet by summer at Spain. Time flied and weeks left before meeting I have never seen him so happy before but I was totally the opposite of it, I felt devastated.
    So a week before meeting I acted like a b*tch,wanting him to hate me,wanting to stop talking.. I just knew it would happen someday anyways .... He went alone, I thought it was the end. I couldn't imagine how he continued to love me after all this sh*t I've put him though. But this time I was really planning on meeting him at my country and I decided that if we do I will reveal him my true self. But we had to wait another year, which he didn't seem that bothered about it.
    By the end of year 2013 he dramatically changed, I was heartbroken, it turned out that he wanted to make me hate him for which couldn't simply work. Plans changed we weren't gonna meet, I've been at the edge of telling him everything but this fear of mine was still stopping me , till he calmed down and said that we have a chance, but one night he found out the truth by the real girl's instagram, then I knew I'd burn so I told him everything about me and I expected it to be worse to be honest. I feel really bad about pretending to be someone else for an year and what normal person would do such a thing.
    Anyways out of a sudden, recently he's been so so so pissed off at me, annoyed by me,we barely talk if no I just message him first once a week, last night we argued never seen him that mad, he told me that I'm crazy, that I'm mentally challenged, obessed.... But no, the real thing is that I still love him and I just want to make things work even if it seems impossible, because I know that a guy like this is rare to find and I would love to meet him this summer more than anything, just to make it up to him. Back then I was a stupid little girl, I now find all this really stupid tbh...
    So please give me an advice of what to do, should I let him go, do you think that he hates me now even tho month ago he told me that he 'loves' me...
    I don't want to seem obsessed I just want to be with him.
    Thanks for reading this long tiring story I would appreciate an advice.

Story was actually interesting. I was waiting until you told the truth but you told it very late. Still I think its possible to fix this. Dont listen when he calls you crazy and dont think so about yourself. He will eventually forget what he told.

So here is what you have to do -1. Act like a stranger be polite and go slow. Here is what I mean. This guide will help you.

This is your only hope but its powerful one.

Actually he liked you for who you are so when you told him the truth you should go on like this - "If something happened to my looks would you still like me?" Also ask him what he liked about you why did he told he loved you, was it just your looks? He still havent blocked you so you have hope to work this out girl. Go slow and be confident like that girl in pictures.
    Also be busy with your own things. Dont conecntrate on guy. Give him like 1 hour per week total when you chat and think about him. Dont be afraid to lose him or you will.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will