+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed and lost. Please help!

Depressed and lost. Please help!

Let me start off by saying. I really really like someone but she is not interested. I'm 23 and she is 21.

She is smart, caring, funny and the prettiest girl I have ever seen. She truly is one of a kind.

I met this girl almost 2 years ago. We started hanging out and became quite close, we were talking to each other everyday and hung out frequently, we kissed, held hands along the beach and even took a lovely trip together. We didn't have sex because I didn't want to rush into anything and ruin it because I really liked this girl.

All of this only lasted about one month and then she lost interest, though we remained good friends ever since. In fact we became best friends but I had to back off and keep my distance because I was too attracted to her and it just hurts to be around her knowing she will never feel the same way. We discussed it and she said she wasn't interested because we are almost like brother and sister and we were best friends.

It's been almost 2 years and I still can't get over it, she truly is that special and it was the best month of my life. Since then I have dated other girls and no one has really sparked my interest that much and its not because of lack of common interests or dull personalities, they were great girls. It's just because.. well they weren't like her and they just didn't have the unique qualities like she has. Even my friends met her and said I have found someone very special and unique. I think about her all the time, I even dream about her and knowing I can't have her is making me extremely depressed. Please don't think of me as creepy or desperate because of this because thats not who I am.

Before her, I dated my ex girlfriend for over a year and we had a great solid relationship. After braking up it was devastating but it certainly didn't take me 2 years to get over it and we have remained friends ever since and there is no emotional attachment there. But this girl, I just haven't felt this way about ANYONE before, I never knew someone like this existed. I want to remain friends with her but I try to contact her not too frequently, catching up for coffee or lunch rarely. Every time I see her it makes me happy but I don't think its such a good idea to spend too much time with her.

How can I stop thinking about her and get on with my life?
    I would like to still remain friends if possible because I know she treasures my friendship. She knows how I feel and she thinks its getting in the way of our friendship because I try to avoid her a lot of the time just so I don't get hurt anymore.

What should I do?
    Last edited by kittensoul; 12-04-14 at 02:04 AM.

Depressed and lost. Please help!

Firstly you idealise this lady friend and your feelings will not diminish as you spend your time with her.

You can go one of two ways I reckon. Option 1 repress your feelings for her as much as you can to remain friends and move on, which basically means your going to have to be cold towards her or;

Option 2, tell her exactly how you feel and that you could only carry on seeing her if you were in a relationship with her, if she doesn't want this then you'll just have to walk away and either cut contact or keep her at a distance.

Also if you get a chance to go balls deep, take it. Your not being an arsehole by doing that, your just doing something you both enjoy.

Nothing wrong with that