+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can't get over my ex...

Can't get over my ex...

To summarize my story...

Two years ago I dated this girl. We were both in love. She was of different religion, her parents would have never accepted me for that and she was immigrating. It was doomed since day one yet we still did it. During the relationship, she hurt me a lot, she always even admitted that she is an awful person and not who I think she is, but I just thought she was dramatizing. By hurt I mean dumping me once on her birthday after I just spent a month's salary so we can have the time of our life. Then saying she was dumb the other day only to leave again two days later.

Right before immigrating, we broke up for good and she was mistreating me all the time. I traveled from city to city to see her at the airport and say bye, but she told me she hates me and asked me to f**k off and never saw me. She then would try contacting me over the next two months till I finally replied. We started becoming friends and things were goo, then she was back to being good one day and bad the other. I asked for some space, but then when I contacted her again, she never replied and cut me off for months.

Back in January I re-initiated contact. She replied. We started talking again. She said she misses me and our time together and that we are friends now. Even bought me a book I wanted to buy and sent it over. But she was blowing hot and cold. One day she's nice, the other she's rude and cold. She would get mad at me over nothing, it would drive me crazy cause I would get scared she will cut me off again. She pushed me to act pushy at times. She knew my insecurities, the things that hurt me, and she did all that.

Sent her a gift a week ago. She said I made her day. Then the other day she said we can't be friends anymore and cut me off. My late grandma was on her death bed during that time. My ex knew that. She knew what I was going through already yet she walked away. And right after getting my gift.

I tried seeking an explanation but as usual, I got nothing and she never replied.

Over two and a half years, I did everything for her. I shared the time of my life with her. She's the only person capable of making me feel bad. She is my weakness. But despite all that, I still miss her and care for her. I feel so bad and so ashamed of myself I've become that weak, but I'm only like that with her. I don't know what to do.

You gotta find yourself a new girl and forget about her!!!!!

It seems like she controls your ego and that is why you think you miss her but the fact is that you want her attention just because you need to
    get your ego boost

Regain control of your emotion. You must realize that you don't stand a chance of getting her back if you're an emotional wreck. Allow yourself some time to heal and regain control of your emotion because women are put-off by desperadoes. Surely, you'll want to appear confident and composed when you get another chance to meet her.

Meanwhile, it's all about you. You can wallow in self-pity but after sometime, you must get back on your feet again. Start finding things you love doing that will make you happy. Though your focus is to get her back (which will not happen overnight), you can't remain sad all that time.

Here is a helpful video:

Last edited by moneyspills; 15-04-14 at 02:38 PM.