+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know if I should try and get her back?

Don't know if I should try and get her back?

Basically, my girlfriend and I had been going out for about a month, and it was one of the most amazing months of my life, at one point we had said to each other 'I care really deeply about you'. One day we got in a conversation about how much we meant to each other. Now I wasn't going to lie to her so I said 'I love you' and I legitimately meant it. She wasn't mad or anything, just a little bit confused as to what to do so she said something like 'I don't really feel the same way, because my x boyfriend broke up with me when I had big feelings for me' and also said that I shouldn't really say it again until I was sure that she felt the same way. Now she said she was fine after this conversation a few days later, but I knew something was up. She started acting distant and was obviously abit confused as to what to do. To make matters worse, she we back to her home town for the weekend to visit her friends and family and happened to bump into her x boyfriend. Now keep in mind, that before I said ' I love you', she was always complaining about how her x screwed her over emotionally and how I was her best boyfriend she had ever had. Once she came back from her hometown, she was acting even more distant even after I tried to talk to her about it. About two weeks after she went back to her hometown, she broke up with me and she said that 'Some of my feelings came back for my x' and that she didn't want to feel guilty for not loving me back or making me feel like shit because she didn't love me back. I obviously didn't want it to end, and I couldn't really say anything about how I truly felt because was in a bit of shock. So the break up happened on Monday 7th April and it is now the 13th and I havn't talked to her since. I'm really considering talking to her quite soon about how I would really like for our relationship to continue, and that I don't care if she doesn't feel the same about me yet and that I would be willing to wait. I would be willing to slow things down abit, because I really do love her and care about her so damn much. If theres anything I've learnt in the last 6 days, it's that I really do love her. To make things worse, she's going back to her hometown next weekend so she'll probably see her x again which might make things more complicated. She also has a 'doesn't go back for seconds' rule so that might stop her from doing anything with him. I'm pretty sure I might of just reminded her of some of the feelings she had for him and she's not like full blown in love again or anything because our relationship was progressing really well when we were going out. I don't know if I should try and convince her that her rule should be broken for me, because the reasons for breaking up weren't that mutual and were pretty rash. I would still be happy being friends with her, but obviously a relationship would be preferred.

If you guys could give me any advice, it would be greatly appreciated,
    Cheers

Sorry buddy but she is going back for seconds. You were just a rebound, she thought she was into you but in reality she was just trying to bury her feelings for her ex. There is no going back, she is with her ex again...and ya I say they are sleeping together. You can never go by what they tell you. She said those things to try and convince herself they were true, but the truth is she is still is in love with her ex.

Don't try using the friendship card...the relationship door has now closed, and you will be wasting your time trying to get back in....it never works. Her feelings for you were just an illusion, and when you told her you loved her, it snapped her back into reality. There is nothing you can do, but move on and go no contact.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link about rebound relationships http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/intense-emotions-and-strong-feelings/201309/rebound-relationships