+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The letter I wrote to my ex gf

The letter I wrote to my ex gf

To the girl I love…Gina, my soul mate

I remember the first time we met. When I called you puma in the hotel in lava. I search for many hours after that night trying to find you on Facebook. Never could find you, but you found me. We message and emailed for weeks. I believe it was a couple weeks later we met up again in lava. We made love for the first time together. It was so magical, I’ve never felt that feeling in my entire life. It felt like our hearts were beating at the same pace. Our souls felt like they were being joined together. I knew we had something special after that night. When I stare into your eyes, I can see our love being connected. I can feel my heart get fuzzy and warm by staring in your eyes. It feels in many ways that our hearts are talking to each other through our eyes but mostly I’m looking straight into your heart and soul. I have so much passion towards you and I feel that you truly are my soul mate. I’ve never loved somebody so strongly until I’ve loved you. I don’t see how anybody could come close to replace the love that I’ve experienced with you. You’re the girl of my dreams and I think the world of you.

The most important thing in the world has been you. Yet, in our final months, I completely lost sight. I was so focused on school and stressed out in different areas. I overlooked what you meant to me and I failed to understand what you were going through. I was snappy, didn’t communicate with you and simply wasn’t a fun person to be around. You tried telling me how I was, but I didn’t take the time to put it in perspective. I always played the victim rather than supporting you and being there as your man should be. I know you wanted that great relationship from me, however the way I was acting pushed you in the opposite direction and in the end your best option was to step away; I completely understand why. I have nothing else in my heart but love for you. I have been proud to have called you my girlfriend. I think you are truly the most amazing person both inside and out. Everything about you I love.

If you could look into your heart and soul and try to remember what it used to be, before everything came crashing down, before I move away from you. Taking trips and having the best time in the world. Taking pictures together, going out on dates, watching scary movies, giving each other comfort and loving each other more every day. We were perfect with each other. I MISS YOU so much Gina. I miss feeling your smile even if it was only on the phone. I miss staring into your eyes. I miss your laugh. I miss the way you looked at me and believed in me. I miss every moment I’ve lived with you. It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other and it truly breaks my heart. I can only think of the great memories we had and look past what was wrong. I’ve grown up after being hit so hard from reality. I’m still learning how to love and I hope you would want to go through the growing pains of creating something really special. Something we could tell the younger generations in 20-30 years, how we had so many obstacles to hurdle over, but we made it work. We had our hardships, but we cared for each other so much to make it work.

I’m moving back in a few weeks and I would love for us to really try. I thought that I could go work for ABC this summer, because they’re located in Ogden. I’ve put all my future plans on pause, because I can’t see a future without you. That means everything, even school. I’m not going to move away from you again. You’re my future, babe.

Please look deep inside your soul and heart and try and give us another chance. Give me a chance to ignite that little spark that is deep inside your heart. I know it’s in their somewhere. I believe in us and I have the utmost respect towards you. I know you have that fighter instinct inside you. It’s one of the many things I love about you. Please give us that second chance. Let’s not be the ones in the future that think “what could have been”.

P.S: I love you, my puma bear

Ever yours, Austin

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I got in reply

Thank you for your pure honesty. I believe every word u r saying. When u move back home call me and maybe we can talk in person. Don't give up your job at home for ABC. I do not want u to do that

We Have been broken up for just over month now and I still have such a strong desire for her. We live just over 300 miles away from each other.

I need help. Im lost without her

Sorry but begging is so unattractive. If I received a letter like that I would just go "Ugh!"

Your best action is to take no action. Let her come to you, and then show her how well you are doing with your life, looking good, being happy, show strength.

So my letter was awful?

Women are different, some would appreciate a letter like yours, others not so much. Your ex did :-)

Your studies are very important though, because without a serious preparation there aren't many chances for a long term happy relationship with your ex or anyone else.

Thank you for your pure honesty. I believe every word u r saying. When u move back home call me and maybe we can talk in person. Don't give up your job at home for ABC. I do not want u to do that
    Do what she says you should do. To give up your livelihood for someone that doesn't want you to is simply not a good thing to do. Talk to her and then decide together (if she actually wants you back ~she doesn't really make that clear) what should be the next step.

Stop putting her on such an emotional pedestal ... She doesn't deserve to be placed in such a position when she's not yet clearly committed to returning to your relationship. One.Step.At.A.Time.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Try and make everything in the last month short as possible

We have talked almost the whole time since breaking up. We got back together for a night and she back out because she wasnt ready and didnt see us in the future. We came close to getting back together two times after that but when we got close, shit hit the fan. Asking for space those last two times. The first time asking for a week and thats what I did. I wasnt very good at it. (sent a text a day) Shes mention how she wants me to contact her when I get back. Thats a month from now. She says she wants alone time with herself. As she said "me time". She said she doesnt want to date anybody and thats including me. She wants to be by herself. I can relate to it so I understand where shes coming from. We messaged a little bit more after I emailed her the letter and she kept insisting how she believes in every single word I wrote and to call her when I get back. (who knows what she'll say tomorrow) but it seems good...........Whats the potential reasons why we broke up. 1. I wasnt their for her needs. I was stressed out with money and getting perfect grades. 2. All her friends are single, maybe thinks it would be fun to be single too. 3. Her daughter came to visit her two weeks before we broke up.(still their until tomorrow) she turn 21 the other day and I'm 23. Me and my ex age gap is 16 years. (I look older and she looks pretty young so its not that noticeable) 4. I feel bad this happen but She cheated on her husband after being together for 14 years. Later divorced to be with me. (I feel awful it happened.) Maybe she wants to be single because she was with a guy for 14 years and now me for a year and half. I have had all the signs telling me to delete her out of my life but their is something amazing about her. That bond/connection/chemistry we have intimately and physically is the real deal. We could stare into each other eyes and it was like we were making love.......AND doesnt everyone deserve a second chance???

If you have any insight for me, past experiences or knowledge for me in the future about this. Let it be known!!!

Thanks

You were just a nice break from a crappy marriage, and an excuse to get out. The age difference is an issue because you both at different times in your lives and she is realizing this. She probably feels she needs to get serious with her life and find someone more suitable. She needs more than "great sex, chemistry" for the long haul. It might be all you need, but she thinking along the line of maturity, financial stability, house, career, etc. Someone to grow old with....you are only 23, thinking unrealistically, a flash in the pan.
    Last edited by smackie9; 15-04-14 at 06:27 AM.

Apologize for your mistakes. You must recognize that it's the mistakes that you've done on her that made her took the drastic action of breaking the relationship, so the noble thing to do is to apologize. It's usually difficult to admit to your mistakes but doing so, especially with remorse, will show sincerity and taking responsibility. This will boost your chances of getting her back because you're giving her the message that you value the relationship more than your pride.

Here's a video to help you:

Thanks everybody. I found out last night that shes actually seeing some guy. She never gave us a chance because she went straight into dating him. Thats why their was so much flip flopping in the last month. I plead my case to her for this last month to get nothing back. Spoke of my wrong and said im changed. One day karma will hit the bitch and I cant wait. I deserve better then her. She ran and ran from the beginning of the break. Then jump into someone else arms. It was so easy for her. I have came with somewhat of conclusion She probably is looking for somebody that is financial stable and somebody that will be around. Even though I can see this to be true, doesnt answer why she couldnt give us a chance again. So I think its the fact she takes anti depressants. I read alot about how they affect love life and relationship decisions. I think this had alot to do with it.

What do you expect from a woman like her? She cheated on her husband and you expect her to be loyal to you? Find someone your age, you're a little too young to be with someone who is 39, go out with her daughter instead LOL...

Ya go out with the daughter lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You were not what she wants plain and simple. You have your whole life ahead of you, she does not....time is of the essence. She needs someone to grow old with that is in her age group. Like I said you were just a quicky to get over her crappy marriage. Down the road you will see that things worked out in your favor. You are young, you have so much to enjoy, and experience....why waste it on some cougar. After about years 5 years, she ain't gonn be so pretty because she will be going through menopause.