+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can I change this girl's mind about me?

Can I change this girl's mind about me?

Ok, so I was speaking to a girl I really like in school on facebook (I wasn't confident enough to speak to her in person) and I got a few decent conversations out of her. One day, she gave me her phone number so that we could continue speaking via text.

This is where I f**ked up, because after speaking about movies that she liked, I asked her to go see a new movie in that genre that was about be be released. I hadn't spoken to her in real life, and although she had seen me/knew who I was, she didn't KNOW me. I guess she felt like it would be too awkward to go to the cinema given that we had only spoken properly on the internet, as she said "Yes, Sure!" to my request, but the texting went cold afterwards.

I made the mistake of trying a few times to get her talking to me again with facebook messages like "Hey, did you get my text?"

One night I ended up asking a mutual friend, as I found out that they had briefly spoken about me. She said she didn't know about her feelings for me, but suspiciously about 20-30 minutes later, I got a text from the girl saying "I think we should be friends since we don't really know each other"

We had a brief conversation about how I was shy to speak to her in real life, and how although I realise that it was too early to ask her to the cinema, it was simply an attempt at spending some time with her. She replied with something like "I appreciate it, but I just don't have time anymore with studying/partying" (Note we are in an important year at school; Exams for qualifications upcoming imminently)

My question is: Is there a way that I could start talking to her more at school (bearing in mind, she knows that I like her) and make her more comfortable in going to the cinema with me? What sort of things should I get the ball rolling with, and when should I approach her?

She is mostly with friends, and we are only in 2 classes together, in both I do not sit near enough to talk (Usually, in music seats are often random/shifting). What can I say to her, without coming across as needy/creepy?

Thanks so much

First impression is crucial when getting a girl interested in you. You immediately showed you don't have the capability to confidently talk to her in person, and that is a turn off. Sorry but the creepiness has already set in, and there is now way of getting out of that unless you do a complete personality change over night.

Gotta work on your confidence boy, or you will never get anywhere. Even a fat ugly guy can score with a girl if he has confidence in himself. That is what attracts girls. You see it with those jerks that have np by being persistent. They show they don't have a care in the world, and are not needy clingy because they know there are plenty of other girls they can hit on. When girls see a guy constantly chatting up girls, their value goes up, and the girls want a piece of that action. It triggers the need to chase and win that guy's attention.