+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do about my Crush, tell her or move on?

What should I do about my Crush, tell her or move on?

Before I begin, I want to share some background information
    I'm 16 years old and I am an introvert with a few really close friends but not many friends overall. According to some of my friends and the girl who rejected me last year, I am average looking. My Crush is in Year 9 and I'm in Year 11 and I leave school for Study leave in 8 days time. I think that she is prettier than I am handsome, and she always hangs around with big groups of people in the Tennis courts, and this includes boys and girls (I think).

In January, my Crush, lets call her C, came up to me a few times and said Hi. She used to go to my youth group but left last Christmas. For some reason, even though we hardly knew each other there, in January at school she said Hi to me and hung around near me with her friends. I was too shy to say anything but Hi back to her, and I probably should have said more.

When the Tennis courts stopped being out-of-bounds, she sort of left her old group of friends (from what I observed) and began to hang out in the Tennis courts where she currently goes every lunchtime and breaktime. I don't like to go to the tennis courts because I'm not very good at sport and I get intimidated by those who are.

Over the last few days, my crush is getting worse and I know it's not healthy but I don't know how I can realistically go up to her and ask her out in school because I don't know any of her friends and I am too afraid to leave my friends and go find her and ask her out in front of loads of other people who might be watching. I've left it too late, because I only have 8 days of school to go before Study leave, I will be back there in September, but by then all hope of her becoming my girlfriend will be lost.

I don't even know if she likes me or not, but I don't know if I should ask her out or move on, or even how to ask her out. I'm not the average teenager who plays sport and can easily attract girls, I am a web developer who is only confident at speaking to people with my interests.

I really don't know what I should do next, because this crush is eating me up inside :(

Coming from a guy twice your age and been through alot. My word of advice is go for it. The outcome of this does not necessarily have to be gf/bf, but to tell her that you think she is breautiful and you like her. maybe possible to stay in contact by email or fb etc. If she says no, its okay to be rejected....in time by experience of trial and error you will learn proper technique and approach of talking with girls. goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everpatience View Post
    Coming from a guy twice your age and been through alot. My word of advice is go for it. The outcome of this does not necessarily have to be gf/bf, but to tell her that you think she is breautiful and you like her. maybe possible to stay in contact by email or fb etc. If she says no, its okay to be rejected....in time by experience of trial and error you will learn proper technique and approach of talking with girls. goodluck.
    The thing is I am not confident enough to ask her out

You just have to do it! Its gets easier and easier as you grow older. Its like playing sports or video games. You get better. Dont worry about what others might think as there is new gossips to talk about everyday. You would regret it if you do not ask her. Keep me up to date.