+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he just messing with my feelings?

Is he just messing with my feelings?

So I met this guy online and we've been talking for almost a month now. We have yet to see each other in person because of distance. We're about 2 hours away from each other. We text, talk on the phone, we webcam and he says all these incredibly sweet things to me but he isn't very consistent in his communication. And that sometimes makes me feel like he's just not interested or he's losing interest but then he starts being sweet again. He calls me all these pet names and usually we talk often. I'm so confused though. I don't know what he wants. I know what I want. I really, really like him and I'm afraid that he may just be messing with my feelings. Sometimes I feel like he does like me and other times I feel like he just doesn't care. I know people get busy which is why I try not to worry too much when he is inconsistent with his communication. Is the distance causing him to lose interest or has he just just lost interest altogether because I'm simply not what he wants? I don't understand. Why would you invest so much time and effort into talking to a girl you met online if you only mean to mess with her feelings? That just seems like a waste of time. If he truly isn't interested why won't he just say so instead of saying all this sweet stuff and leading me on? I'm so confused. I know that if there's even the slightest bit of confusion people say that he's usually "just not that into you." I don't know though, I'm so confused.
    Last edited by valeriegarcia18; 07-05-14 at 05:06 PM.

I don't know maybe your just reading into it to much but yet again meeting people online is never a straight forward thing have you tried asking him straight forward if he's into you or why he's only sweet and sincere half the time I mean maybe he has issue and he has his ups and downs through out the week and it affect his moods and doesn't realize he doing that but have you tried talking to him about it cause your whole "relationship" whatever you want to call it is new you don't really still know how he works

He's told me lots of times that he is interested in me, that he likes me. That's why I just don't understand what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevy1216 View Post
    I don't know maybe your just reading into it to much but yet again meeting people online is never a straight forward thing have you tried asking him straight forward if he's into you or why he's only sweet and sincere half the time I mean maybe he has issue and he has his ups and downs through out the week and it affect his moods and doesn't realize he doing that but have you tried talking to him about it cause your whole "relationship" whatever you want to call it is new you don't really still know how he works

Well maybe you just need to talk to him then tell him what's bothering you like I said we all have our ups and downs through out the week maybe that's just the case but what's he general mood towards you when he's not being all sweet and stuff

I've been trying to talk to him about it today but he hasn't answered my text or call. Do you think he's blowing me off? Maybe his lack of communication is his way of slowly pushing me out of his life, I don't know. I just don't get it though... if he is trying to get rid of me then why would he say all this sweet stuff to me to make me like him?

Valerie, you know it doesn't really matter whether or not he's into you. What matters is whether or not his hot/cold behaviour is what you want from a partner. Thing is, he could be head over heels in love with you, but if he is flaky in love then perhaps he's a bad choice for you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.