+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend called me an ungrateful selfish brat?

My boyfriend called me an ungrateful selfish brat?

I know a few of you have already read my threads and given me an idea of what to do. But before I do the step here's another situation. Back in December 2013 my boyfriend told me that me and him could move out and get an apartment together in march 2014, few months ago. Mind you he is living with his brother sister and law and their two kids. Supporting their rent. So I moved out in march bc I was tired of living with all them and the vibes I was getting from his brother and sis in law. So I got an apartment. Then he tells me august is when the lease is up with them then he will move in with me. Ok cool! 3 months from now right!? Wrong! I was on the phone earlier with my boyfriend and I asked him if he was still coming to move in with me in August. He says "I'm well my brothers house loan doesn't process until December so that they can move into a house." My heart dropped. January!! Then he told his brother I was upset about the situation. Um how about you tell him YOURE upset!! He put my name in it like it is my fault or something. And the brother said apparently that as long as me and my boyfriend have each other we should be fine. Ok so that justifies why you're using your younger brother for rent money! I even suggested they move into a cheaper apartment so when January comes around and they find out that they still couldn't get a house then at least they have an affordable place and won't have to rely on my boyfriend. So my boyfriend tells me it's not easy to downgrade (they have a 2,000 a month townhouse). Like who cares! Saving money is the issue here! So he basically called me a selfish brat for not supporting the fact that he is helping them. Yeah I would be cool with it if the dates didn't keep getting pushed back of when he moves in! What should I do! I can't fake and say I'm not going to be upset about this situation!

Hon, we've been telling you to leave this guy for ages. Trust us when we say that it's not going to get better
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You're lack of self worth is getting tiresome on this forum.

Uhm! I think he's using supporting his family as an excuse NOT to have to move in with you. He's not ready for that kind of commitment with you as he must have realized when you DID live together.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion