+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need a little advice

need a little advice

to make a long story short.. almost a year ago my girlfriend found out I cheated. I know how bad that is. We live together with our two kids, no kids between us, one hers one mine. Well I tried to do everything right since then and we have been working thru all this with a counselor and I haven't or never would cheat again. She has been telling me the whole time since this happenend how we have to be 1005 honest with each other and I have been. I just found out she has been lying to me about something. It is nothing big or anything that has anything to do with our relationship. Part of me says just let it go and don't bring it up. Part of me says that I should bring it up to her. I think the part of me that wants to bring it up is the part that is upset she is lying when she keeps telling me how we both can't do that. Should i just let this go, or say something?

If you can't let it go leave the relationship. Why did you cheat on her? Obviously if you were really into her you would not of cheated.

If you can deal with it stay.

The truth will set you free. Time will tell if you guys will last or not. Personally if I found out my partner cheated it would never be the same again. I'd want to start fresh.

If she demands 100% honesty, bring it up during your next therapy session. It's better to put everything out on the table rather than have you eat this inside you.

Just make sure to say it calmly so as to not escalate this into a full blown argument if not necessary.

Honestly, you cheated on her, not the other way around. Once a man or woman cheats, it's very dificult to gain that trust back.

What is shy lying to you about, and how sure are you going that she lied to you? If she's stressing the impotance of honesty THAT much, chances are she isn't lying to you.

Thank you for the advice. I think I will bring it up in te next therapy session.

Ask your counselor (alone) if it would be productive to do so first.

Are you sure you don't just want to bring this up because you don't want to be the only one being blamed for doing something wrong? Sounds like you're trying to make yourself feel better by making her the bad guy for once...