+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She doesn't like me yet she acts jealous???

She doesn't like me yet she acts jealous???

I really like this girl and we had a thing a few months ago. She knew I liked her and she said she liked me, we talked all day everyday for like a month and went out on a few dates, but she said she was not looking for anything serious at the time and it kinda just died out (later realized she was still having trouble with her ex). We are good friends still but I have realized it's most likely never going to happen between us. My problem is that she won't let me move on. She knows I like her, she does not want to be with me like I want to be with her, but it almost seems as though she doesn't want me to have anyone else either.

For example, she told a mutual friend that she did not want to go to prom with me because she was worried that I wanted to go as more than friends. That's completely obvious she does not like me as more than a friend. But when prom finally comes around and she sees me while I'm dancing with my date, she shoots me a dirty look and I caught her a few more times starring at me throughout the night
    Or in class when I talk to other girls (mainly ones that are very pretty), she will either try and get my attention or blatantly ignore me as if she is annoyed with me.
    And the most annoying thing is when she decides to tell me about her guy issues and what not. Like almost as if she is trying to make me jealous.

We talk during school, text here and there, and hang out every so often; but as soon as she feels me being a little more distant with her she will send me a text to check up on me or might want to hang out, just the two of us. Then, if she starts talking to another guy, she puts me on hold; like some sort of back up and when it dies, she comes back to me. But me being the type of guy I am, I always give in to her because I always feel the need to please everyone, her especially. It's like I can't find any will power when it comes to her. I know she does not see me in a romantic way. I get that. But why would she get jealous if she does not like me.

"My problem is that she won't let me move on." No it's you that won't let yourself move on, emotionally. You keep texting her, you keep hanging out with her, etc. You know this is all head games but you can't seem to get your head around that you need to just leave, delete her number and go no contact. Bro just f uckin let her go. You won't realize how much of a pain she is until you remove yourself from this situation. Walk the f away!

- - - Updated - - -

To answer your question, No she isn't doing it because she wants you, yet your heart keeps a glimmer of hope that this is why she is doing it. No she is doing it because she is emotionally attached to you, and you are her property. She is an attention whore, and to have that taken away from her, she will do tactics like making you jealous, because she knows how to play you to keep you giving her attention.