+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advise on a break up.

Need some advise on a break up.

I was with my Ex for a total of 8 years, we were mates for 2 years, in a relationship for 4 and engaged for the last 2.

6 weeks ago, she dumped me saying her feelings for me "love" weren't there anymore.

Since then she has only text me once, a week after to ask if we can talk, only to take it back say never mind when i reply a few hours later.

She has blocked me on everything, facebook, twitter, phone, email.. She works down the road from me, so we've seen each other in traffic, but looks embarrassed to see me.

2 weeks ago, She unblocked me on fb and blocks me again. She then shows up at my gym, we saw each other and I just ignored her. I havent seen her since... The gym is a second home to me, since the break up I go there and do boxing, Mixed martial arts classes and I do sessions with my personal trainer and lol I go with mates in my free time.

I had to do this, I've lost a lot of weight in the last 6 weeks (10kg to be exact) and toned up. I needed to do this for me, but most importantly, it was and still drives me mad thinking what went wrong.

Can anyone who has experienced this explain or anyone in that matter, tell me why would someone change so suddenly, when they were the ones who initiated the engagement and we both put 100% into the relationship - We never ever fought, she was also my best friend.

I now feel...like trust has been broken, loyalty broken, betrayed.
    Last edited by straxus; 28-05-14 at 06:15 PM.

She probably met another guy that she likes. She broke it off with you so she can date this guy. That's usually what happens when people suddenly change their mind.

^ I tend to agree with Valen. Most of the times there is someone new, even if it doesn't represent a potential partner, when one suddenly reevaluates the relationship and needs to point to the lack of crazy feelings. It could be just a flirt but enough to make one take a huge step sometimes. The grass is greener syndrome, the relationship has run it's course, needing to feel the excitment again, etc., could be lots of things after 8 years but it's disappointing to say the least after such a long and good relationship you both had.

She couldn't have been the only one affected by the inevitable low moments that every relationship has. You are human too, you have the same right to feel the pressure of the routine, to want excitment, but you knew better how to handle your emotions, maybe, while she was the weakest link.

Keep doing the right thing, don't run after her, enjoy your freedom and meet new people when you're ready. You'll feel better and better little by little.
    Last edited by Valixy; 28-05-14 at 08:55 PM.