+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If you could say anything to the person you love, what would it be?

If you could say anything to the person you love, what would it be?

Sadly the love of my life passed away, and I never got the chance to say the words that I wanted to say to her. Not "I love you", I went out on a whim one day, FULL FORCE, and confessed my love to her, I think I even sounded a bit angry because I was so fed up with keeping my feelings to myself, it was eating me alive, and she responded just as I thought she would, laughed a little and told me that she's in love with me too, and can't imagine her life without me. But what I never got the chance to say to her was "marry me", and I now realize that I should have asked her right off the bat because that's what I wanted, and I knew that she felt the same, for us to be together forever.

So, if you could say anything to the person you love, what would it be? And why are you holding back from saying it?

Honestly, there are thousands of things I wish I would have said still, but the first one that comes to mind is this: I wish I would've stayed the night I almost fell asleep tucking you in.

The nights we went out to dinner around that time kind of melted together since then, honestly, so I couldn't tell you what date it was... But I remember that moment. I was tucking him into bed and holding him a little before he drifted off, and for whatever reason, he was having difficulty getting to sleep (He was usually good for a half an hour, and then I'd be quietly locking up the front door and putting my shoes on in the hall.). So, we watched an episode or two of The Golden Girls, and then he flipped through the channels and spotted The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. So, we watched it from the beginning, and it was my first time ever watching it. While I was waiting for him to fall asleep, I was getting tired myself because it was past midnight, but I stayed and watched the whole movie with him. I actually took off my glasses at one point and put them on the shelf on his headboard because I was so tired...but I knew he had a lot of stuff to do the next day and I had to help my family in the early morning.. :S So when he finally fell asleep after the movie, I got my glasses and climbed out of bed, quietly shut off the television, got dressed in the living room, and then locked up. And although I don't know why, as soon as I shut the front door and heard the lock click, I stared at the knob for a moment, instantly regretting not staying the night and texting my family that I would be there in the morning as soon as possible... :S So, I just crept down the stairwell (The walls are so thin in that place that you could hear conversations in the stairwell through his living room wall), got in my car, and left. The whole way home I drove no slower than 90 like usual, but I kept looking in the rear-view mirror and wanting to slow down. :S

Although we're broken up, I hope he's happy. I'm okay. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Yanky View Post
    Sadly the love of my life passed away, and I never got the chance to say the words that I wanted to say to her. Not "I love you", I went out on a whim one day, FULL FORCE, and confessed my love to her, I think I even sounded a bit angry because I was so fed up with keeping my feelings to myself, it was eating me alive, and she responded just as I thought she would, laughed a little and told me that she's in love with me too, and can't imagine her life without me. But what I never got the chance to say to her was "marry me", and I now realize that I should have asked her right off the bat because that's what I wanted, and I knew that she felt the same, for us to be together forever.

So, if you could say anything to the person you love, what would it be? And why are you holding back from saying it?
    I'm so sorry to hear that. That would eat me up inside.

I do say what I want to the love of my life, we communicate very well.

I miss you, thinkin of you all day and every day but I'm still mad at you. After that we still got an issue though because what you did wasn't right and I don't appreciate you trying to act like shit didn't happen. I know I got a lot of mouth and my attitude can be nasty but I don't like to be disrespected. Don't be smiling all in my face and when we together you be trying to be on some "we" shit but when you on social media, you be on some "you" shit. What did you tell me? You told me as far as dancing that you was glad I was done because I couldn't be table hopping all over a club and then come back to your table trying to stand next to you right? I respected that. So you need to respect me also. I would call you but you was wrong so you need to call me or I guess its over...I hope you still love me because I'm still in love with you. You know I have no problem speaking my mind to you but we aint talking right now soooo anyway It's been a week and some change. I still be looking thru ur pics and you so still as handsome as the day I met you when I was walking downtown one night and you approached me. I was all over you because I knew you was all mine........ I wanna ****. I'm wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanky View Post

My condolences to you.

What I would say to the girl I like? "I do not objectify you, you are gorgeous in my eyes, and I want to get to know you."

She was roommates with a friend of mine this past year at college, I really do think she is attractive. However, I've only spoken to her once in person, but a rumor went around saying I was only talking to her so I could sleep with her. Oh how I wish we didn't live in different states so I could go say something in person But instead I have to wait until August

Sorry to hear about your loss, Yanky.

If I could say anything to her..I would tell her how ****ed up I found this whole situation. I hate that all that faith I had in you is just gone now. I know that I'm in no way perfect, I know I've made a shit ton of mistakes but I would've never done this to you. Not ever. I have too much respect for you as a person and I care about you too much. It's crazy how one action of someone you've known for so long can make you question if you really knew em at all. And honestly, I kinda wish you would have physically ran me over with an 18 wheeler because that probably would've hurt a lot less than you just walking away..*

And what's funny is even after all this pain you've put me through..you're still wonderful. And amazing and magnificent and beautiful and I love you. Tilltheendright?

Or voodoo.

"You forgot to start the fu​cking dishwasher this morning."

Yanky, I can't imagine how hard that must be.

He's my best friend, my soulmate, my everything, and there's sooo much that I want to say to him. I want to tell him that I've loved him with all of my heart, all my life. I want to tell him that I miss him, everyday. That all I can see is him, and all I want to see is him. What's holding me back? I guess I'm trying to let him know in the only ways that I know how.
    Last edited by Sun5hine; 30-05-14 at 05:23 AM.

I'm finally dating the love of my life, so I no longer need to worry about supressing my feelings for her.

Advice: We can't help who we fall in love with or who we're meant for. Don't hold everything in. Speak up.

If I could say anything without worry of retribution, I'd say I am so in love with you. You take my breath away every time I see you. Just being in the same room as you turns my stomach to nervous knots because of the love I feel for you. Sometimes I forget how to speak. You do not see it but you are amazing and beautiful. I'd say you can trust me and never have to worry I will never abandon or leave you or devulge any secrets you have told me. I wish more than anything you could love me back. I wish you could see the one you are with treats you so badly but I would treat you with only honor love and respect. I would take care of you and never let you feel pain. If you loved me you would be my moon and stars and you would never have to go home and cry your eyes out and be so sad and miserable the next day. You are an amazing, wonderful person who is worth it to me. But then I'd also have to say but Im' worth it also and I need to be shown you love me also. I cannot guess what you are feeling even though deep down inside I may be aware. I have doubts and need to be hugged and kissed and told I was worth it also and that you loved me. But of course I cannot say anything because it is complicated and you are with someone else. So Instead I smile when I see you and when you are gone the smile drops. Instead I pretend that everything is ok except lately that is hard to do and I stay away to help keep myself sane because I'm going a tremendously hard period in my life and just seeing you takes my breath away and reminds me how much I love you and how much you will not let me have you as my soul mate.

True love will always find a way

I'm sorry about your loss, Yanky, but I know it doesn't really make it any better.. :S

I would tell them I love them ever so dearly and give them a big hug and kiss.
    No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone who is stupid that they are stupid.