+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like it is always me doing stuff for him!

I feel like it is always me doing stuff for him!

We started dating in college for awhile and then again this year in Feb and he lives 4 hours from me. We set up a visit schedule every other week. He works full time and goes to school full time and has an externship he does on the weekends. I also work full time and go to school full time.

Problem: It has been me to actually follow through with going to see him. He has cancelled coming to see me twice because of money issues so I always go see him. Last time I was there we went to walmart to get some things for dinner and get to the register and expecting him to pay or at least go half.. he is behind me reading a magazine and I have to pay for it because he said only had a dollar on him.. I pay for EVERYTHING and this was a time I didn't even have a job but i manage to scrape up money to go see him. I feel like I am paying for everything. I have never received flowers or even a card ever in the 3 years of knowing him.. he was talking about the whole time almost while I was there how big his next paycheck was going to be and he was going to have fun on his birthday.. I feel like I'm desperate for him to show me his affection instead of telling me.
    Don't get me wrong he tells me I am beautiful all the time and he tells me how much he loves me and recently told me he was in love with me ( well it kind of slipped out). When I brought something to his attention that I wasn't happy with some of his actions he completely fixed it. He wants us to move in together but I don't want that.. I just want to be closer to him.

Just need some outsiders opinions.. I don't know if I am being naive in thinking he is doing the best he can and me letting everything go,

Thank you

I do love him and I will fight and work through anything to make things work but I just don't want to do right for the wrong person.
    Last edited by Alexis1990; 31-05-14 at 11:38 PM.

You need to communicate with him your frustrations... That you do most of the traveling, and you feel like you are not equally dividing the expenses and it is a burden for you also to pay most of the times. Let him know that you appreciate receiving flowers on special occasions and that it makes you feel good when he does nice gestures towards you.

See if he is receptive to how you feel. If he can change or at least meet you halfway, then you are on the road to a better relationship ;-)

If not, then you are definitely wasting your effort on this guy :-(

Yeah I get what you are saying china girl and that is good advice and I will be talking to him about it.

Thank you for your response. Hope things go the way I would like.

Sounds like he's use to having things taken care of for him. Is he a momma's boy? My mom babies my younger brother so much that he just expects everyone else to. His gfs, me, my sister, etc. Could be the case here. Or he's just self centered
    Last edited by nico88; 31-05-14 at 11:57 PM.