+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need advice from a mans perspective.

I need advice from a mans perspective.

I have been "hanging out" with my guy friend for six months now and I've fallen madly in love with him. We were hanging out at his place a couple weeks ago and I asked him."If I fall will you catch me?" He answered "I already have". What exactly does that mean? I also told him (via txt)I'm in love with him and afraid of being hurt" his response had nothing to do with what I said lol:/. I'm sooo confused because I really want him to be open about his feelings (good or bad ) and not leave me hanging. *FYI* We have communicated after I expressed my feelings to him. I just need insight as to what's going on with him lol any advice would be great.
    Last edited by jessica4781; 02-06-14 at 06:22 PM.

The fact that he didn't acknowledge when you told him how you were feeling about him is a red flag. Talk to him in person about it. Like actually tell him you like him and want to know if the feeling is mutual. If he still bullshits you about it then I'd take that as him not being interested in being anymore than you two already are.

Good advice here, cant really say anything else.

I have something to add to this... When you're in person, don't beat around the bush. Disregard anything that has to do with something other than the main topic- that you love him.

Tell him, "I love you" directly and that you want to be with him. Ask him directly how he feels about the two of you. If his answer is anything less than what you want, walk away telling him that it was nice knowing him but you don't think you can be around him if things between the two of you mean nothing.

When in doubt, directly communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I have something to add to this... When you're in person, don't beat around the bush. Disregard anything that has to do with something other than the main topic- that you love him.

Tell him, "I love you" directly and that you want to be with him. Ask him directly how he feels about the two of you. If his answer is anything less than what you want, walk away telling him that it was nice knowing him but you don't think you can be around him if things between the two of you mean nothing.

When in doubt, directly communicate.
    I agree. I'm going to swallow my pride and be more direct about my feelings)

I think that's a wise move, jessica4781. Good luck!