+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you know if the love is true

How do you know if the love is true

Ive been with my boyfriend for awhile now how do I know if him saying i love you is true and he really means it?

lalalita Guest
    It's in his kisssssssss. *sings*

There is no way to prove love. Though I would say that it's more likely that the love is honest if he's a well adjusted individual.

I would also say that I don't believe that true love lasts forever. I've had a number of loves during my life and they were all very real at the time. But as we grow and learn, sometimes we find that a partner isn't exactly the right one for us and we move on. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if a love ends, it doesn't mean that the love wasn't real at the time
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Most guys won't just say the words if they don't mean it, imo. If he is saying it he probably means it, doesn't serve him any to say it and not mean it, otherwise he'd be out the door.
    The problem is that you don't feel he means it, ask yourself why that is.

No words needed.

You should feel it in your heart if someone loves you.

If he treats you well and says those words to you, you have to take that at face value and believe him... If not, you're not in love with him.

Does he do things, help you out, be there when you're down, have a good relationship with your family?

surfhb he does all that but he also is very friendly with other girls too ....this just might be me being paranoid but hes overall a very flirtatious person.

It's really hard to say since your own feelings could cloud your judgement on it. Here's some questions that might help:

How soon did he say it?
    If he said it the first day he met you, you have some pretty solid ground to question it. Most men will say "I love you" somewhere between three months to 9 months into the relationship. That doesn't mean that if he said it earlier he doesn't mean it, but you could consider ... not exactly a red flag ... maybe a pink flag? Something to note. If he said it soon, has he said it this soon to someone before? Did he consider that love true love? Is falling in love early a symptom of something psychological or is he really just this open with his heart? Like I said, it can get confusing.

Does he show you he loves you?
    Does he keep in regular contact with you? Does he make regular plans with you? Has he introduced you to important people in his life (i.e. friends, family)? Does he talk about your future together (something as simple as going on a road trip in a couple months)? These are pretty good indicators that if he's not in love with you, he at least has some very strong feelings for you.

That's all I got.

well he introduced me to his dad and grandmother (no relationship with his mother) im just trying to make sure he ride or die i dont wanna look like an complete idiot whos totally in love with this dude

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    There is no way to prove love. Though I would say that it's more likely that the love is honest if he's a well adjusted individual.
    I'm going to add to this - if you feel the need to have it proven... it isn't love. True love doesn't need to prove anything. You simply believe.

I've just been hurt so many times i guess im a little afraid to let my guard down.....

Then be cautious. Nothing wrong with that.

Look, talk is cheap.

If he loves you, it will be reflected in his actions.
    Does he make sure you get home safely at night? Does he remember little things about you? Does he give more than he takes? Is he generous to you? Does he do things/try new things for you?

Words don't mean anything in the end. We can all say very nice things. But what matters in the end? What he does for you - actions cannot be faked.
    That which does not kill us
    only makes us stronger.

Its all in the eyes. Also actions speak louder than words.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast