+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on how to approach women

Advice on how to approach women

OK, I'm 34 and for those that have read my other thread I'm also a single parent. To be completely honest I have always been a pretty shy person when it comes to people I don't know. My first gf in junior high approached me, as well as my second gf which later became my wife/now ex wife. The one person I had briefly dated after my divorce was an old friend that I have known for years and with both of us being single parent, one day while skyping during my last deployment I just out of the bloom asked how she felt about giving us a chance.

My problem is I don't know the best way to approach someone, every person I have talked to that walked away after finding out I was a single dad approached me, normally when I go out to my favorite bar to just kick back and listen to the live band that plays. I have seen a number of gals that I would have liked to talk to but not having the experience I just don't know how to make the approach, I do make a habit of looking to see if they have a ring, but I do know that no ring doesn't necessarily mean not involved.

So, ladies a little advice if you could please. How do you like to be approached?

I like to be introduced by mutual friends. Never been keen on meeting complete strangers
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

That would be ideal but I haven't lived in my area long and haven't made any friends. When I moved out here my sole concentration was on school and finding a job, then it became work and school. And my kids of course.

My mom like to say that church is the best place to meet someone but I keep having to remind her thatall the single gals at our church is either old enough to be my grandmother or young enough to land me in jail. Maybe I should find a larger church.

Whether it be a church or any other social group, I think it's a good start. And don't forget, the ideal girl doesn't have to attend your social activity....all you want are new friends who can invite you to social events where you can meet more new people and/or have them arrange introductions.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.