+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice from a man's view may help me ....

Advice from a man's view may help me ....

I'll keep this to the point and short as possible...

This guy I've known for several years recently got back in touch with me, we've become closer since the passing of his dad, we've had intense convo's, sharing secrets, etc.
    So on weekdays, he texts me throughout the work week. Sexts me pics, etc., but come the weekend, I hear nothing. I don't bother anymore to text him things like, "just wanted to say hi" or "have a good weekend" like I used to. I know he has a gf and he said it was open relationship (as he put it, they aren't joined at the hip) but my question is so why does he send intimate pics of himself then I hear nothing all weekend, not even a "hi, I'm busy, but just wanted to say hi"....

I don't quite understand??

If he doesn't want to converse, can't he just say so? Or at least say, hey, I'll be busy this weekend, but we'll catch up later.

Guess I ask too much.

Just because he said it was an open relationship doesn't mean it is..and from the sound of it to me he probably isn't.

That would explain why he only texts you during the week because he's away from his gf but the weekend rolls around they're both off- mum's the word you know?

This is just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't get hung up on this guy. He's not as available as he's telling you he is.

I agree with nico. I think his is NOT an open relationship and he's just sexting you because he's a cheater. I'm sure there are plenty of good guys out there, why are you stuck on this bad one?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I agree with nico. I think his is NOT an open relationship and he's just sexting you because he's a cheater. I'm sure there are plenty of good guys out there, why are you stuck on this bad one?
    Hmm...yeah, good point. I guess I got 'stuck' on this one because we've known each other for so long...lousy excuse but it's the first thing that comes to mind when asked.
    Time for me to move on. Thanks for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, nico88, for your input. Yes, it does make more sense that he'd only text when gf is not around and then come weekends, he 'can't' - Like I said to searock, it's time to move on from this one and I just got stuck in the routine of his texts-again, it's a bit of flimsy excuse, but ..... It happens, I guess. Again, thanks for your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    Just because he said it was an open relationship doesn't mean it is..and from the sound of it to me he probably isn't.

That would explain why he only texts you during the week because he's away from his gf but the weekend rolls around they're both off- mum's the word you know?

This is just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't get hung up on this guy. He's not as available as he's telling you he is.

No worries.

We can all fall into the traps every now and then. And sometimes people get in too deep it's like they have blinders on and can't see the truth that's right in front of their face. It's nice to see you're not one of those people..you're definitely making the right move here.

Not joined at the hip ---- at the moment.

Some people have no past and no future and just exist as a fleeting moment, after moment, after moment.