+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are all attractive women over 30 materialistic?

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    Really????
    Yup.

@smackie. What is so funny?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I live in the Vancouver area (most expensive real estate in the country) and from my experience guys with wealth are pompous dicks worried about someone getting at their money.

I live in NYC where guys in their mid twenties working in Wall Street are making high six digit salaries and the CEO's are in the million salary range and real state is very expensive. I agree with you that these guys are pompous jerks. In essence, women going after these wealthy guys have low standards and low self esteem. Instead of looking for guys who will treat them with love and respect, they go after wealthy men who treat them like objects and a piece of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by "fearoflove" View Post
    All women want wealthy men and financial stability. Educated and wealthy women want men who are the same unless she has low esteem or have other issues.
    Well...so much for the feminist movement. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    I live in NYC where guys in their mid twenties working in Wall Street are making high six digit salaries and the CEO's are in the million salary range and real state is very expensive. I agree with you that these guys are pompous jerks. In essence, women going after these wealthy guys have low standards and low self esteem. Instead of looking for guys who will treat them with love and respect, they go after wealthy men who treat them like objects and a piece of meat.
    Why does wealth and respect/love have to be mutually exclusive? It is perfectly okay and smart if wealth is one of the qualities women consider. Anyone with common sense knows that wealth shouldn't be the only quality to consider. But its one of the important qualities for a long term partner. Finance is the top reason/issue married couples break up over. The lack of wealth can cause a lot stress and conflict.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Actually there is conflict/ stress because the difference of opinion on how the money is spent. Me and my husband don't share our finances. He has his money I have mine, bills split down the middle. We don't have a joint account or credit card. He can spend his money on whatever he wants. I have no idea what is in his bank account, or what credit card dept he has. And just because he makes more than I do, doesn't mean I'm entitled to a portion of his income. I never expect him to pay for more for anything. 24 years together and we have never fought about money.

So I disagree, ...we both never had "wealth" but over time we both worked hard earning money to be where we are at,....comfortable. Roof over our head, food on the table, cold beer in the fridge, we're happy

IMO people need to change their attitude. If want something bad enough work for it/earn it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    What are you disagreeing with me about? All women want wealthy men and financial stability. Educated and wealthy women want men who are the same unless she has low esteem or have other issues. You don't seem to be happy about your BF's financial habits.
    I'm not looking for a wealthy man, so that's not exactly accurate. Financial stability in this day and age we can get for ourselves and that is so that we can choose a man who treats us well instead of needing his money to survive. Speaking for myself, his personal traits and how he treats me are far more important than wealth.

There was a study done last year measuring people's happiness in relation to wealth and the outcome was that anything beyond $70,000 in annual salary did not correlate with bringing more happiness in people's lives.

And by the way, only a small fraction of divorce is caused by financial distress. Wealthy couples also divorce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Actually there is conflict/ stress because the difference of opinion on how the money is spent. Me and my husband don't share our finances. He has his money I have mine, bills split down the middle. We don't have a joint account or credit card. He can spend his money on whatever he wants. I have no idea what is in his bank account, or what credit card dept he has. And just because he makes more than I do, doesn't mean I'm entitled to a portion of his income. I never expect him to pay for more for anything. 24 years together and we have never fought about money.

So I disagree, ...we both never had "wealth" but over time we both worked hard earning money to be where we are at,....comfortable. Roof over our head, food on the table, cold beer in the fridge, we're happy

IMO people need to change their attitude. If want something bad enough work for it/earn it yourself.
    ^^^ this I totally agree with 100%.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 09-06-14 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Well, I know you were part of the feminist movement... >.>
    No. A feminist believes that she doesnt need a man to provide resources and she could provide it for herself. What generall y ends up happening is that the government ends up helping women who believe theyre better off without a provider. A huge problem in feminist theory.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I suppose to some extent, I AM materialistic, though I really haven't ever thought of myself that way. I do not care if a man my age owns a lot, but by my age, he should own *something*. If he doesn't, he pretty much sucks at life, and I am not interested in giving him MY assets, which are earmarked for my kids.

Geez, I have had two men (at the age of 50-ish) ask to take me out that still lives in rented garages. Come on men, please grow up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Not only men should own "something" by my age.......IMO women need to step up, it's not the 1950's.

Quote Originally Posted by "goodmorning" View Post
    No. A feminist believes that she doesnt need a man to provide resources and she could provide it for herself. What generall y ends up happening is that the government ends up helping women who believe theyre better off without a provider. A huge problem in feminist theory.
    I was making a joke, but alright.. But financial situation shouldn't have much bearing in a relationship. It's not a business transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I suppose to some extent, I AM materialistic, though I really haven't ever thought of myself that way. I do not care if a man my age owns a lot, but by my age, he should own *something*. If he doesn't, he pretty much sucks at life, and I am not interested in giving him MY assets, which are earmarked for my kids.

Geez, I have had two men (at the age of 50-ish) ask to take me out that still lives in rented garages. Come on men, please grow up.
    Not everyone who rents is broke. Some people with substantial liquid assets prefer to rent because of the flexibility and freedom. Some people who own mini-mansions are in debt up to their eyeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I was making a joke, but alright.. But financial situation shouldn't have much bearing in a relationship. It's not a business transaction.
    Its a PARTNERSHIP and that means in all senses of the word, including financially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    To answer your question, most women do look for men with wealth
    You know, when/if you come down from your fantasy life and live in reality, you'll find a good man that wants you for more then your ability to give him an orgasm. Please do not speak for "most" women. Its the 21st century.

Women who are not a good catch might lower standards a bit but most of them truly do want a man who is wealthy.
    Nice try! (not)Your attempt to put down anyone who actually lives in reality as being a poor match or "lesser" then is laughable. pffft.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 10-06-14 at 06:07 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

I believe that "financially secure" is what you're describing. And I agree. I wouldn't care that he may not earn a lot, but he does need to be financially secure.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    [/b] Its a PARTNERSHIP and that means in all senses of the word, including financially.
    I agree that there should be equal weight pulled in a relationship as far as financials go, but I'm sorry- I just view it differently. :S As long as one isn't taking advantage of the other, I don't see a problem with one making less than the other or anything.. :S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast