+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl started to avoid me and I don't have a clue why...

Girl started to avoid me and I don't have a clue why...

Hi,

I have this girl at work who suddenly started to avoid being alone with me. At first I thought it was a coincidence but it's not. I know that for sure. She changed her horary to coincide less with mine and when I'm not around she does the normal horary.
    She stills talks with me if someone else is around and by gtalk.
    She is the one who starts conversations with me because I stopped starting conversations with her once I noticed she is avoid me.
    This makes me very sad because I care about her, and liked her as my friend.
    I have no clue of what it's happening. It started 1 month ago.
    I haven't done anything out of the usual in the days before that started.
    I think she doesn't know that I noticed she is avoiding me.
    I only see her as friend and never give her any indication of the contrary.

What could it be? Should I avoid her too and keep conversations with her to a minimum until she returns to normal with may never happen?
    If I could I would not talk to her at all but we work together...

Thanks.

PS: sorry for the bad english, I hope you undestand.

It could be one of two things....A, she is interested in someone at your work, and doesn't want to ruin her chances, with you in the picture, or B, you haven't asked her out and she is very disappointed.

Or maybe she developed a minor crush on you and, since she doesn't want to act on it because you two work together, she is detaching herself from you in order to get over you.

Why don't you just ask her?

It sounds like she might have a crush on u like they said above. I'd give her her space so she can get over it

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It could be one of two things....A, she is interested in someone at your work, and doesn't want to ruin her chances, with you in the picture, or B, you haven't asked her out and she is very disappointed.
    Never thought about it but the first thing you said makes sense since there was a new colleague at work at the same week this started. I will pay attention.
    If it is that, I will feel very disappointed with her since it looks like I am a marionette in a much greater game.
    Last edited by nsnr; 15-06-14 at 04:48 PM.

Anyway I won't confront her about it because could make things weird as I'm not suppose to control what she does.
    I think the best way to deal with this situation is to give her space and avoid being too close to her and only talk to her when she is the one who starts the conversation, because she doesn't feel confortable around me as she used to.
    It's a little hard to be nice to her meanwhile knowing that maybe she hates me.
    What would you do?
    Last edited by nsnr; 15-06-14 at 08:06 PM.

I would probably ask, but I'm a curious person in general. Maybe it's better to just give her space, as you plan to do.

Quote Originally Posted by so..umhey View Post
    It sounds like she might have a crush on u like they said above. I'd give her her space so she can get over it
    Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Or maybe she developed a minor crush on you and, since she doesn't want to act on it because you two work together, she is detaching herself from you in order to get over you.

Why don't you just ask her?
    I don't think I would avoid someone I like. It makes sense if it was an unknow person but if it was someone I know for more than a year i wouldn't.

You wouldn't, but maybe someone else would. I probably would, if I had decided that I did not want to act on it.

You wouldn't, but maybe someone else would. I probably would, if I had decided that I did not want to act on it.
    Even if he/she was your friend?
    The thing is if she was atracted to me, and as we know each other for more than a year, I don't see why now...
    Maybe I did something that she didn't like or she just doesn't like me all along and was masking it until now...
    Anyway I know these things are not an exact science so let's see how thing move from here...

If I had to bet I would say that she has a crush on someone else like you said or she thinks I have a crush on her and doesn't wan't anything with me (I don't have)

This is happening for a month and we never have been so distant so makes no sense to me ask her what's happening because I can't consider her as a friend anymore. I would have to ask at the beginning of it. The right time has passed.
    Last edited by nsnr; 15-06-14 at 09:23 PM.

I would ask especially if he were my friend. I would want to know the reason of his sudden change in behavior.

I would ask especially if he were my friend. I would want to know the reason of his sudden change in behavior.
    I think the only situations that I would avoid someone is:
    - If I had crush on someone who I had no chance with and that started to affect my life.
    - I hated her.
    - The two situations I mentioned in my previous post.

But there's no way of knowing what's in her head unless you ask her.

Ok, thank you!
    But do you agree with my observation?

They are all reasonable explanations, but who knows what's actually going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast