+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just friends?

Just friends?

I met a guy 10 years ago and we both liked each other. We lost touch for 7 years and dated other people. We reunited about 3 years ago. He was in a bad place and had bad depression and told me I could do better, 2 months later he starts dating a girl and exactly 1 year later they got married in Las Vegas.

What was weirder was they split up exactly 1 year after they got married. He texted me everyday when he was engaged and married. The messages were all innocent. He used to confide in me in how unhappy he was in his marriage. His wife cheated on him and got pregnant by someone else. They are divorcing in 2 weeks. I just don't get why he still texts me everyday. He always asks how my dating is going. People think he harbours secret feelings.

Why did you bother with a married man that was so lacking in personal boundaries that he emailed you about his problems instead of trying to resolve them with his wife?

He texts you everyday because you answer him.

What does it matter if people think he harbours secret feelings for you? DO YOU HARBOUR secret feelings for him?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Would you really want to be with a guy that you know was texting another women while he was engaged and married? And what makes you think he will be able to tell you about the problems he has with you if you two got together? Wouldn't you be worried he would do the same to you?