+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this text mean?

What does this text mean?

this girl sent me this text that i have been talking to for about 3 weeks and we have met 3 times but we pretty much talk to each other every day

I am dying to get to know you as a mate but i don't know you well enough to say we are any more than that yet but its not like i dont want to be more than that, i think we would both be happier if we stop getting to deep before we've had the chance to start.

Then she said, Yeah i would like to get to know you and speak to you and see if things would go further but not force them.

then she said im happy that we both know where we stand, im not saying it wont happen but if it doesnt then we will still be mates

DOes she really mean that she wants to try and make thing happen but without it being rushed and shes just being cautious or have i literally been dumped in the friendzone?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos1994 View Post
    this girl sent me this text that i have been talking to for about 3 weeks and we have met 3 times but we pretty much talk to each other every day

I am dying to get to know you as a mate but i don't know you well enough to say we are any more than that yet but its not like i dont want to be more than that, i think we would both be happier if we stop getting to deep before we've had the chance to start.

Then she said, Yeah i would like to get to know you and speak to you and see if things would go further but not force them.

then she said im happy that we both know where we stand, im not saying it wont happen but if it doesnt then we will still be mates

DOes she really mean that she wants to try and make thing happen but without it being rushed and shes just being cautious or have i literally been dumped in the friendzone?
    Yes.....she doesnt want to be rushed

Sounds like she is saying I like you as a person but maybe not as a person I want to date right now?
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

Jst slow down mate

She wants you to pick her lock. Act interested, but not too interested. She wants to make sure you are not a stalker.

I think her message is very clear. She wants to meet you, and she is hoping that there will be chemistry, but she doesn't want to get her hopes up in case there isn't any chemistry.

Basically she is being very practical. She can't say what will happen because she hasn't met you yet. And really, when you think about it, how can someone plan a romance if they haven't met the guy in person and therefore they have no idea if they will like each other in real life?

She is trying to prepare you (and herself) in case there is no chemistry. She obviously likes the connection she has with you without having met you ... because she wants to keep you as a friend in case things do not click when you actually meet.

She is obviously very sensible. She realizes that it's possible you may not like her when you meet ... or she may not like you ... or you both may not like each other.

This is a very wise approach. She subscribes to the philosophy that it's best not to count your chickens until they're hatched.

Make sense?