+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think I'm doing things wrong

Think I'm doing things wrong

Not really sure if I'm messing up by being intimate with the men I meet too soon (not that I meet many cz I'm a single mum and usually have my daughter with me). Recently had a sex buddy. Someone I met online and he seemed to like me but didn't want a relationship. Then he started dating someone so I felt like I was only good enough until someone better came along.
    met another guy (written a post about that). Made it clear I didn't just want sex. He was sweet and charming (appeared that way). We did have sex and he said that made him get close. If I didn't do certain things he would appear hurt and therefore I would as I wanted to keep him happy.
    I've been afraid if I refuse the man will find someone who will give him what he wants but friends are telling me if someone likes me enough they will chase me.
    I also get extremely strong feelings very quickly which means I do anything to try and keep the other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused1234500 View Post
    I also get extremely strong feelings very quickly which means I do anything to try and keep the other person.
    Strong feelings do not negate commonsense and logic. Having strong feelings for a person does not remove your ability to think "HOLY CRAP, that's not OK - I will not tolerate this in my life". However, desperation and lack of self esteem can certainly impair our judgement.

In regards to the guys you gave the example of:

[URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/URL] . If a guy tells you that he doesn't want a relationship, then YES you are just a fill in till someone better comes along. If you want a relationship, don't waste your time with a man who doesn't.

[URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2[/URL] . I can't see that sex had anything to do with his behaviour. He was just a silly young boy who hasn't figured out his life yet.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanku for being so honest x

I wouldn't chase a girl unless there was a good chance of her putting out. After all, life is short.

So ud only chase a girl for sex? Or u wouldn't bother if u had to wait but may still want more than that with her? Confused x

A lot of guys are looking for a relationship, possibly marriage and children. I am not however, so sex is about as good as it gets. I might pursue a girl if there was good sexual chemistry, but I wouldn't wait too long. I get bored easily. You should probably be seeking a man who is interested in a relationship, as opposed to someone like me. Or maybe I just haven't met "the right woman" yet, ha ha, or maybe she doesn't exist.