+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heat of the moment

Heat of the moment

I have been seeing this guy for a month, didn't really start to get intimate until 2 weeks ago. Last night, after we slept together we continued to make out pretty passionately and then he said: 'I love you'. I didn't say anything, I could barely hear it but we just kept kissing and once it was over he said "You don't need to take my sex talk seriously, especially after sex like THAT" and I just acknowledged that he said something and we didn't talk about it. We don't need to but if he says it again, I would have to ask him to stop. I understand, though, getting caught up in the moment where you just feel so much for that person and it just came out, I understand.
    I just feel weird now.

Why do you feel weird? Isn't that the ultimate goal of dating is to eventually fall in love?

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Why do you feel weird? Isn't that the ultimate goal of dating is to eventually fall in love?
    Not after a month!

Huge red flag here

maybe he sees sex as showing his love and during the heat of it he also verbally expressed it too. if it makes you feel weirded out, talk to him about it.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I agree with you Exeter19. If he says it again I will bring it up with him

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Not after a month!

Huge red flag here
    Does that mean you don't believe in love at first sight?

Ah yes, promises in the dark. A bit more entertaining than grunting, but risk of being taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Does that mean you don't believe in love at first sight?
    Of course not

I've been guilty of this one. Don't worry he said not to take it seriously so you are in fact on the same page, he knows it was a bit weird.

Personally, and I doubt women quite understand this about men, but for me I feel like sex is the one time when something vivid enough is happening that my guard drops and I'm able to feel the sort of connection I crave.

I assume it's because most of us men are emotional retards because we learn to suppress it all as boys. Imagine never being able to discuss emotional issues with friends, or even never being able to cry. It's not that surprising that we end up blurting shit out occasionally xD

When he said he loves you-he didn't mean literally. Its too soon. He probably just meant he feels a strong connection and is starting to fall.

Don't get so freaked out about it. It could be a lot worse lol