+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is There Still A Chance??

Is There Still A Chance??

Hello all...I have made a couple mistakes with my gf lately. I made a sarcastic that hurt her feelings and there was an instance where someone made a joke about her laugh and I didn't "have her back" because I didn't say anything about it. We have been text only for two weeks. She has said she misses me, and she wants to get together and talk but doesn't know when. She has asked if I still consider us to be together. I told her I honestly didn't know, but I don't want to give up on us and we need to talk about this. She didn't reply to that until three days later (last night). She said she has been dealing with some family matters. She wants to actually talk and not text because text can be misread. She has been too busy to put too much thought toward this. I told her family comes first and let me know when she has time. What does the sentence in bold mean? If I was a priority or she wanted to be with me wouldn't she be thinking about this?
    Last edited by NoIdeas1; 30-06-14 at 04:45 AM.

I think she meant what she said, that is, she's probably got her family issues to deal with.

And when you say "if I was her priority, she wouldn't be thinking about this." Well, firstly, her family is her priority and secondly, sometimes we do care/love our partners but love is NOT enough to sustain a relationship. Two people may have the greatest love but they may be incompatible and it will eventually break-down.

I am guessing she means that she needs time to think about whether you guys CAN work. You need to give her that time, its a very hard thing to think about.
    That which does not kill us
    only makes us stronger.

I understand about giving her the time to think about things and that's what I've been trying to do, but its been over two weeks now with text only communication. I don't know I guess I just want to know because I really don't want this to be over. I feel like the more time we spend not talking the more chance there is of that connection we have to be lost. I 100% want to talk and try and work this out. She sent me the texts on Friday reassuring me she does want to talk about this and I have not heard from her since. Should I send her a text today saying I would really like to talk this week and this relationship is important to me? I just don't want to turn into "that guy" that keeps pushing and pushing, but I do want to fight for this.

Since she texted me last Friday saying she was swamped, dealing with some family matters, and wants to talk instead of text there has been no contact. I want to send her a message saying I want to meet this week but I don't want to put the pressure on if she has family matters. I want to tell her that "I understand she has some family matters going on, but I care about her and our relationship a lot and I really want to make some time to talk this week. Also, if she needs someone to talk to about what's going on with her family I'm here."

Is this out of line or insensitive if she's dealing with family matters?

lalalita Guest
    I don't buy the family problems card. It's a usual excuse that really can't be argued with, which is why people use it.

With that said, people make time for things that are important to them.

She's stringing you along.

Put your foot down. "I understand she has some family matters going on, but I care about her and our relationship a lot and I really want to make some time to talk this week. **If that's not something you can make time for, I can't continue to be strung along.*** If you need someone to talk to about family matters, I am here, but I can not keep putting my life on the back burner."

Thanks lalalita...It's getting pretty frustrating. I sent the message as is and no response yet. If there's no response to this I have to be done. It's up to her to get in touch with me.