+ Follow This Topic

Thread: wont let family ruin it for us

wont let family ruin it for us

My bf helping his bro/sis in law pay their rent til january when our plan was that my bf move in w/me in august. i spoke to the sis in law about how i felt about the date moving farther away and she went and told her husband i gave her an attitude, which i clearly didnt. i came over to their place and apologized,etc but now it doesnt feel right with them. like they expected me and my bf to break up. i can tell bc my bf posted something on fb that indicated me and him were to break up and his brother liked it. now his brother doesnt like anything on my bf page anymore. thoughts? i cant let these 2 people ruin my relationship. they already need him until january.

Anc, you've been complaining about this same issue for ages. And we've been telling you that his family aren't the problem. The problem is with your boyfriend and the fact that his family are of a higher priority to him than you.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 02-07-14 at 06:51 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Seriously. What is new that we can help you with? Would you like tips on how to leave someone that never seems to make you happy? We've exhausted any advice regarding you, your boyfriend not giving you your way, your bfs brother and wife. Its the same old, same old and if your bf isn't doing anything to change it for you, then what could any of us possibly tell you to do to make him change his ways for you?

Be patient or get the hell away from ALL of them and let them cluster eff someone else besides you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I just need your opinion on if you think the reason they were acting this way is bc they wanted to break us up?

No they're acting that way because you want to fvck with their cushy rent and nice place to live.

That's my GUESS anyway. I hope my guess was helpful to you in resolving your curiosity.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

WHY they are doing it is of no consequence. All that matters is that your boyfriend accepts their behaviour.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Where family is knee-deep in a man's life, it's best to stay away. It seldom gets better.

If they're not respecting you then you should talk to your bf about it. It sounds like you're in an unhealthy relationship and you deserve better.