+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I met someone with a STI?

I met someone with a STI?

Yes how cool is!

My new love interest has come out & told me she has Herpes

Anyone got Herpes or been in a similar situation as this?

A) Should I move on & punish her for being honest with me?

B) Stay with her & probably get infected with the disease & hope we never break up?

C) Live in a box?

Quote Originally Posted by smiling100 View Post
    Yes how cool is!

My new love interest has come out & told me she has Herpes

Anyone got Herpes or been in a similar situation as this?

A) Should I move on & punish her for being honest with me?

B) Stay with her & probably get infected with the disease & hope we never break up?

C) Live in a box?
    About 70% of people have the virus, so it might be better to think twice about dumping her!
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
    About 70% of people have the virus, so it might be better to think twice about dumping her!
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex

Ok imagine you were in my situation ?

Would you have sex with your potential partner with Herpes ?

be honest please

Dump her. It's a sexually transmitted disease. God knows what else she's got. Ask her if she has HPV also. If you don't want to dump her, always use protection when having sex.

Incorrect, Alberto - don't rely on Wiki as a source of accurate medical information.

Most of us have HSV1 - in other words, cold sores. Those of us who have never experienced a cold-sore probably have the virus but are immune so will perhaps never have an outbreak.

Genital herpes is commonly HSV2 - though can be HSV1 as well. Once infected, you will always be contagious, even without any presence of physical symptoms (lesions/sores) through 'viral shedding' so just because someone looks 'ok' down there doesn't mean they don't have the virus and won't transmit it to you.

Depending on several factors (e.g. immunity etc) you may become symptomatic after infection (can take a while for lesions to appear) or you may never have an outbreak but will still pass on the virus to other partners and they might not be as lucky.

There are drugs, which, if taken daily, will prevent viral shedding, making transmission unlikely. But you have to make sure the person takes these daily - if not, you run the risk and bare in mind, HSV2 is for life, whether you get lesions or not.

I would use condoms and enquire whether or not she is taking the meds (anti virals).

I applaud her for being honest with you and if you take precautions, things should be fine. Herpes isn't a death sentence of anything like that - quite harmless but very unpleasant and not something you want to contract because, as mentioned, it's permanent and there's no cure - only drugs to keep the virus from shedding and being passed on. Good luck.

Thank you Tables & Chairs

Is it common to urinate that you can pass blood & have a stinging sensation (like razorblades)?

No, that's UTI (urinary tract infection), usually or kidney stones. Go to your doctor and have yourself checked.