+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need a mans help!!

I need a mans help!!

Ok...I've been dating a guy from highschool, he digs me a lot! He takes me on dates, to the race track with him to partake in his hobby, shares his life with me, super intimate with me and has me stay the night which involves cuddling and back rubs all night!!! However he told me off top that he doesn't want a girlfriend because he plans on taking his hobby and creating a business in Texas...hours away from the city we stay in. Is he not ever going to comit? I mean he texts almost daily, calls me baby, and we hang atleast on the weekends...I'm so confused!

calls me baby
    He just need friend I suppose, maybe he liks you, but he don't want to be your BF, cos he knows that you will not follow him when he'll start up his business in Texas

Well a few possibilties from a guys perspective. This is a new thing for me btw, posting advice on forums so bear with me. He may have been hurt in the past and doesn't want to risk commiting to a relationship until he is really sure. I am actually going through to very similar as you are, was going out with this girl for three months, was going really well then she said wanted to break up with me, she was feeling confused. But now, we are still in contact, calls me pet names such as Baby, sends me naked pictures of herself, we have the physical side of things etc as well.

I think another perspective is to try and appreciate that he put it straight out there that he doesnt want a girlfriend, which is admirable, at least he didnt lead you on, give you the relationship feeling then hurt your feelings down the line. I can understand your confusion, and I am going through a similar confusion also. I hope you can continue to build on your connection with eachother, and maybe he will realise that he can't go on without you in close proximity, and will decide to commit. Maybe if you feel so strongly you can talk about you relocating to be closer with him? That will have him see that you are commited.

Again sorry if rubbish advice, my head isnt very clear at the moment as I am a bit messed up with my own personal relationship circumstances

He seemed to be pretty up front with you about his intentions so it's safe to say he isn't going to commit. That's not what he's looking for..

Thanks guy, he hasn't text me in two days and we usually hang out on Fri nights so maybe this is the end of things. But I appreciate the male perspective a lot! Thanks!

Glad to help. Hopefully you'll find a guy who wants all the same shit you do asap.